1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why Dealer Service Matters

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WNY PAT, Jan 29, 2003.

1. WNY PAT

WNY PAT Member

Bought a new Boss V Plow in August.... pump was making strange noises a couple of weeks ago so I took it in.... checked out OK.... now pump went bad and the whole assembly needs to be replaced..... took the plow in to Boss dealer this AM.... won't be fixed until tomorrow sometime.... looking out the window and it is starting to snow.... wishing I'd purchased someplace else right about now.

Moral of the Story:

Make sure you ask where you are on the priority list should the $4,000 piece of equipment you rely on break down at a bad time ... apparently.... at this dealer which doubles as a car repair facility..... plows go on the list like everyone else..... so I'll be waiting..... impatiently.....
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yeah,that sucks.The minute something breaks,the skies open up,and we get dumped on.

Did they have the part in stock ? Maybe you could get the part and put it on yourself ? If they had to order the part,then it's understandable they would need the truck until tommorow.
  3. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Ask them if they have a loaner pump you can use while yours is being fixed. Any dealer plow equipment/lawn equipment that I have ever dealt with, has loaners to use for their commerical customers. They realize that lost time is lost $$$$.
  4. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Any time a Dealer of any sort does not stock replacement parts for a product he sells is not a good Dealer. I always check out Dealer stock before I purchase a major piece of equipment whether it is a snowplow or just a lawn mower.
  5. WNY PAT

Boss dealer in Albion, NY will open at night if need be. He even gave me his home phone number just in case, and I bought my Western from my truck dealer.

Good Luck, Bob V
  6. WNY PAT

WNY PAT Member

Live and Learn

Wish I'd done my homework in August.... thanks for the information though... maybe I'll go out there and buy a few things... introduce myself....

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Holland Snowplow and Supply

I was in a similar situation this week, and had the dealer staying at the shop for an extra two hours so I could get the work done, as it was snowing and we needed the truck for morning.

I have not, until this year had a dealer that was willing to do that, but now we are fortunate to have a Blizzard / Boss dealer who will. Best prices in in the area to boot !
    It sure takes the pressure of, knowing you have options.
  8. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Sorry to hear about your dealer Pat ,,(i think i know who it is)
    Don't worry no snow till Sat.
    My western dealer is awesome,,,even gave me a uni-mount to use for 3 days when mine broke and my plow is 7yrs old and who knows where it came from.
  9. Foz

Foz Senior Member

Boss dealer

I hear what your saying, my Boss dealer is terrible, no spare parts, only open M - F from & - 3:30. Western dealer on the other hand is great, open until midnight, parts on hand & mechanics that know what they are doing. Wish I had done more research in September!:(