1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why can't I put an 810 on my F-150

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Bounty Hunter, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Bounty Hunter

Bounty Hunter Junior Member

My delear will only install a 7,6 LT on my F150. I ordered the truck special and took it to the scales yesterday. Front axle weight is 3160lbs. Maximum rating on the door sticker is 4300lbs. Rear axle weight is 2580lbs with a max rating of 4800lbs. Total truck weight is 5760 and the max Gross weight is 8200lbs. He called Blizzard and talked to the factory and they did not want to install a larger plow.
  2. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

I have a F-250 superduty and it needs help so I'm putting on timbrens.
    There is no way it would work on a F-150. To much weight.
  3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I think if you put one on you'd be doing a reverse wheelie. :dizzy:

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

you cant put an 810 on a f-150 because that it not what an f-150 is made for. if you want a truck to handle the blizzard 810 you get a 3/4 ton and bigger. f-150's arent meant for that kinda weight. the 7'6'' is the biggest plow you want on it. add a set of prowings and then u get urself a 9ft plow with the weight of a 7.5ft plow.
  5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey if you want to put one on go for it, its your truck...I just would'nt recommend it.
  6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

What year F150? It has been done, but was taken off after the first season. It's just to much for the front of a 1/2 ton truck. I know a few guys who run 810's on 1/2 ton Dodges, but the Fords just can't handle it. You need to add alot of spring to the front end and plate the frame. It can be done, it has been done, but I would not recommend it.
  7. Bounty Hunter

OK I put an Blizzard 7,6 HD straight on the 2005 F-150. Thanks for the advice. L will put the 810 on my 2005 GMC 2500.
  8. Bounty Hunter

Can't even put a 7,6 HD on the F150. Blizzard doesn't make a mount for the F-150 and anything heaver than the LT plow.
  9. Bounty Hunter

Hey Jon, Can you recommend a good truck for an 810 installation? My GM 2500 HD diesel only has a rating of 4800 lbs the front axle. What can I do with this truck to make it work?
  10. chazg33

chazg33 Member

hey bounty hunter i have a pair of torsion bars off a 2003 gmc 2500 hd duramax,#8400-8500 weight rating from GM,theres only one size bigger thru GM,low miles,440-415-0570 chuck.
  11. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The 2500 is a good truck, you'll just have to turn up the torsion bars. Heavy Duty ones are available. I personally believe Ford is a good truck for a plow, they have a solid front axle and their weight ratings are greater(within reason). I don't bash other manufactures, I just prefer FORD. I was a Dodge man in the day, but now it's got to be FORD. :rolleyes:
  12. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Remember its not a simple matter of weighing your truck and figuring you have X pounds left over. Remember that you are hanging that weight way out in front of your front axel. Take a 50# weight and hold it next to your body.....now take the same weight and hold it straight out in front of you.

Run the proper amount of ballast behind the rear tires and a 2500HD with a 4800# capacity front end will take a blizzard fine
  13. Bounty Hunter

I think I will get a new truck

Well I went and looked at a F-350. The reg. cab has a 6000 lb front axle. Ford says you can install an 1100 lb plow on the front. This with a 375 hp 10 cyl gas engine and a 410 rear end should make a mighty fine plow truck. I will be installing a Fisher 7 foot salt spreder in the back. This unit holds 1.7 yards of salt, and allows me to use bulk salt. Price of bulk salt at a local supplier is $80.00 /yd. Since a yard =2160 lbs. It figures out to be $.037/lb. I can live with that. Thank for the help you guys.