1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

why can't I PM?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by bigjoe871, Oct 4, 2005.

1. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

So how many posts do I need to put up (no browsing, i understand) before I can PM someone. Right now I can't even PM a moderator.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You need 25 post and 30 days membership.

You can use this link to contact management:

plowsite@comcast.net

3. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

OK, but why the 25 posts? Just wondering...dont want to start posting all over just to be able to PM the few guys from my local area or to answer a question or two.

4. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

no matter though

5. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

im on my way to 25 anyway.

6. Charles

This is one way to control spammers

7. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

ah, yes those buggers that join and lie in wait for 8 months. THey would never think of just posting arbitrary garbage to get the count up.

8. Charles

Spammers are those that would join for one day and pm members with advertising. They have no interest in what the site is about

9. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

Big joe you only need 2 more, can you say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh 3 times? :drinkup: :drinkup:

10. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Yup, I know stumper...just can't figure that someone would wait the 6 months and then start spamming. Just saying that I understand the 6 months but not the post count.