1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why can't I find a commercial Quality.....

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by john r, Dec 2, 2004.

1. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

SNOW SHOVEL?? All I want is somthing thats going to last more than half a season. Anyone got a web site or phone # who I can contact so I can buy a couple?
  2. aees115

aees115 Member

i use the coal shovels you get from home depot they are like $30ish i think they work the best ive had them last full seasons
  3. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

Saw a crazy looking shovel at home depot today with a built in auger to funnel away snow while your pushing it,I wonder if we could adapt this principle to truck plows hmmm :rolleyes:
  4. dubster23

dubster23 Junior Member

I guess it's hard to find the equipment that really does the work. I just buy the $10 wood handled shovels at home depot and beat them into the ground. They last awhile if you don't try chip away at the concrete with them.
  5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey Deluxeco, I bought one of those crazy auger shovels from Home Depot about a month ago. I originally bought it as a joke for my foreman :dizzy: , paid $35.00 for it payup , and haven't had any snow yet. Everybody is dying to try it out... :eek:
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Can you post a pic? What on earth are you guys talking about?
  7. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

It's a regular plastic shovel shaped like a wing plow but it has a snowblower auger attached to it so when you push it it just funnels thesnow off to one side and empties the shovel....
  8. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

9. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Try the Melnor pushers, and you'll never want to buy a differnt shovel again. They last pretty well, but they are just so efficient. Here's the site, and look up the 27 1/2" pusher (model 37KD). You can click on the picture and it will enlarge. That's what we use. These things are like a little snowblower. We get a discount when we buy them by the case, and they are available through Ace Hardware stores.