1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why Buy A New Plow Truck When You Can Rehab The Old Ones

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nicksplowing, Dec 18, 2007.

1. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

SO HERE IS MY 1982 GMC 3/4 TON WITH 8' MEYERS AND BUYERS TAILGATE SPREADER THAT I HAVE OWNED FOR 10 YEARS NOW WE STRIPPED IT TO THE FRAME BECAUSE THE BODY PRETTY MUCH FELL OFF LAST YEAR LOL !!!!! :eek:HOPE YOU ENJOY I WILL POST THE FINISHED PROJECT SOON

100_0954.jpg

100_0955.jpg

100_0953.jpg

100_0952.jpg

100_0957.jpg

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

:Dso what are the plans??????

definatley keep us posted! a work in progress! I love these threads!

3. nicksplowing

i Bought A 2 Wheel Drive 1985 Chevy Complete Pick Up At A Auction In N.j. For $200 Old School District Truck And The Body Is In Great Shape So Im Gonna Replace All The Rusted And Broken Parts On The 82 Clean The Frame And Coat It And Then Were Gonna Put The 85 Body On The 82 Frame We Actually Already Did It Just Heard It Run For The First Time Today Will Have Another Post Up Tonite On The Progress:dizzy:

4. Otto

Otto Junior Member

Got to love the old chevys. I have 4 mid '80s and alot of parts.

5. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

wana do my truck? The Ford needs part of a a new frame, rusted threw, so i took the plow off it and put it on my other truck

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

you do know about the 81-up 2x4 cabs have a lower floor pan. ? i did this and added a 2" body lift to clear it perfectly.

7. nicksplowing

A TRUE CHEVY MAN !!!! YES SIR I SAVED THE BOLT ON HUMP FROM THE 82 WERE GONNA PLASMA THE 85 HUMP AND REPLACE IT WITH THE 82 GOOD LOOKING THO THANX NICKpayup

8. nicksplowing

dont know if i can but here goes bump!!!!!!!

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure you save the additional part of the hump that transitions down to the floor pan under the seat Nick... as you'll need that part also to add the tall bolt in hump...

10. nicksplowing

Thx B&b Mine Was Rotted Had To Go To The U Pull It Yard And Sawzaw A Good One Out But I Got It Good Looking

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good deal... this stuff is getting pretty hard to find in good condition here in the rust belt area... hope you pulled it out of an 81-85 cab as the 73-80's aren't quite the same..

12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Man that is a project, can't wait to see more pics!

13. shanta74

shanta74 Member

r those the 16.5 inch futura scrambler tires and are u going to stick with them i have a set on my 1979 chevy k 20 but they are wore down and i cant find any other 16.5 snow tires.

14. nicksplowing

deere615 check out part 3 of this post more pics almost complete and yes b&b it was an 84 chevy that was actually pretty clean also but was hit hard in the front

15. nicksplowing

Figured I Bump To See The Whole Restore

16. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Any reason why you didn't sandblast the frame and axles at that point. Curious? Post some more pics of the buildup.
    I seen your finished thread and it turned out very nice:drinkup:

Edit: just searched for your other threads and found more pics