1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why are we paying so much???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by acs powerwash, Aug 15, 2008.

1. acs powerwash

acs powerwash Junior Member

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Any time you have a govt. agency they buy of state approved bid sheets.Another words the salt company will sell at a lower cost,if not then the towns have to put out a RFP and have to take the lowest bid if if the company has a bad track record.But the salt company places a cap on how much they can buy in a year also. So if they run out they may have to buy on the open market.

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

That article was also written June 22, I wonder if those prices were an actual contract, or a phone quote.
    I am hearing county's up north paying $100 a ton, and some still with no contract. Heck last I heard the State still has no contract.
    It should be real interesting to see what sort of shape our State rds are in with Blagoshits at the helm, I am sure there will be plenty of salt for any state roads around or in Chicago. The rest of the state can just suffer, and make do. Emil Jones needs the extra cash for his almamater anyway :rolleyes: