1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why are snow blowers so expensive???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MatthewG, Sep 9, 2013.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Last year I plowed 36 acres, and my shovelers did all the walks with shovels (thesnowplow) 28" 30" 18"

This year im getting a hotel that has an insane amount of sidewalks. Too much to shovel.

Im looking at a used blower, Ariens or Husquvarna, no cheap junk. What makes sense, a 30" or 32" or does a smaller 26" or 28" work.

We dont get big snows, a couple inches, so they could stay on top of it.

Just seems new and even used blowers are way over priced.

I did find this 30" Husquavarna for $600 somewhat locally, seem ok???

00C0C_lnSuQZLPiET_600x450.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

New anywhere 1500 to 2500.

3. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Ariens or toro 2 stage are both great choices

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

How about a Toro ccr 2stroke? Still can find them used if you don't get a lot of snow why do you want to go with something so big?

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

x2, these blowers are fast. If it's 2" it will blow as fast as you can walk quickly. Easy to throw in and out of a truck and fast to turn around.

6. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen guy's around here use quads with plows look for used you might pay a little more up front you will make it up it time saved. Use a helmet and carharts

7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

x3 .Only downside is the 50$ it costs to relace the scraper and paddles twice a year. I spent around 800$ last year, yikes.