1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why are my hoses so long??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by AFM Contracting, Jan 12, 2007.

1. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

I just got my plow hooked up and when I connected my lines i realized one of my angle hoses is WAY too long. Im going to take a picture but any suggestions?

2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

the old school behind the bumper plows had 45'' hoes and the e-z Mount has 40'' or 42'' hoses other than that i know nothing

3. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

its a meyer classic mount and my right angle hose goes up from the angle ram, up and over the lightbar and back down to the pump. its like 4+ feet long

4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

wow thats long i buy my hoses from a place called J.Thomas Distributors - Premium Parts for Outdoor Power Equipment
    it but in my opinion they are brake line quality i've had them for 4 years and no problems

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Napa makes hoses

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Is it really a problem having a long hose? ;) ;)

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

nope i dont think so

8. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Quit your bragging.:)

9. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

It wasnt that is was too long, it was I had one too many. there was a female coupler on the pump for one angle hose, and a hose threaded directly onto the pump with a 90degree swivel with a male on the other end, and from the angle ram a hose with a female on the other end.

10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I used to have 2 long hoses!
    Make sure you secure to hose away from the plow's moving parts. I killed one when it got pinched. I then used a lenght of dog chain with the clip on the end secured to the lift frame. I put a big key ring on the hose and clipped the chain to it so the hose would not sag / stray into the moving parts.