1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whose got snow?!?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Apr 22, 2013.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

IT is april right? Spring time? I have had more snow in april than I did most of the winter. I am usually on round one for spraying/fert and have most yards cleaned, irrigation systems set and turned on, all nursery stock and flowers in greenhouse but thus far nothing but snow removal! I am about 2-3 blocks from our water tower looking out the window - I can just make out the neighbors trees in his backyard its snowing so heavy and yes, cant forget the wind!

2. wislxer

wislxer Member

Yup, tons. Up near where I work near Isabella MN there is probably 2-3' on the ground still.

Duluth MN, where my house is, is currently in it's snowiest month ALL TIME! 51" so far this April! Just had 8" more last night. It has been a little unreal. This is the third snowiest winter of all time here with 129" so far. 2nd place is only 2 inches away but alas 50s and 60s are predicted by the end of the week so I think (fingers crossed) we may finally be done.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

We got 20" last Monday-Wednesday and 8" more last night. Suppose to warm up to 70* this weekend, but that doesn't mean it won't snow again next week.
    In 1978 we got 21" just before Memorial Day weekend so nothing surprises me when it comes to weather.

4. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

we got about 2" at my house this morning/afternoon.

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Don't know if I'll get snow but here it has been around 20-25c but tomorrow night it's suppost to get to -5c overnight, I'm afraid it will bring snow with it.

6. mud

mud Senior Member

And five days later its basically gone.

I was ice fishing yesterday on pokegama bay though. Still lots of ice there and at my cabin on Sturgeon Lake. Not sure if Im going to be able to put any boats in the water by the fishing opener or not.

7. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

still have some, dikes are built, bring on the flood

8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

No one does.

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I have a 70% chance with 4" in Tuesday's fore-cast, it probably just melt off the pavement and won't be a plowable event but you just never know......

10. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

we just got 2-3" yesterday may 4th.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]