1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whose getting snow tonight 1/29/05

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Young Pup, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Just wondering who all is getting snow tonight? We are in Columbus, Ohio. Calling for 1-3. But We will see what we end up with. A steady snow at the moment here.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Good Luck!
    No snow forecasted here, a welcome break after this past week I guess :angel:
  3. Young Pup

Thanks. I would say you guys need a break. Is everything dug out up there yet?

4. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

It has been snowing all day here. We have about 3 inches on the ground already. Going to go out tonight and hit all the accounts! :)
  5. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Our early winter snow season is over. We should not have anymore for a month or so. We are in the cold season right now. Watching the news it looks like some of you guys have been getting hit fairly hard.
  6. danno

danno Senior Member

Got 1/2" here :cry:
  7. Young Pup

We got on average on my customers that I measured 3 inches of snow yesterday. Overall a good day other than backing out of a driveway and dinged the drivers side rear quarter panel. I am guessing about a couple of hundred dollars damage. It was the last residential too. !#$!!#!#$!! Oh well could have been worse.
  8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Sorry to hear about the quarter panel, how did you do that? We got 3 to 4 " here went out this moring and did my route. MY sidewalk / salt crew truck, got total out first of the week, lady slamed on her brakes and it bit te @$$ end of her going about 50 mph. Looking for a new truck, goging to put a plow on the truck this time, any one have one for sale around this area please contact me.

9. V8explorer

V8explorer Junior Member

We probably got 3 or 4 inches.
  10. Young Pup

Sorry to hear about your truck. Was anybody hurt? The driveway that I was doing wraps around the right side of the house. A small brick wall/flowerbed is on the driver side as I was going up. I pushed some snow up and as I was backing back down went over to much. I had my mirror pulled in because of some bushes sticking out in the drive. I was concentrating on the plow because I heard some clanking and I thought something happened to that. Turns out their dog chain was stuck on the corner of the plow causing the clanking and me to lose sight of the wall.It is minimal but I will be surprised it is over 500. to repair.

I don't know if this is still available but try to pm this guy if you are interested.

Registered User Join Date: Oct 2004

I got a 98 1500 for sale if your friend is interterested

98 Chev 1550 W/T with Meyer's plow
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  11. Wolfies L&L

Wolfies L&L Member

Got about an 2" last nite into this morning here-just enough to check the accounts and stores and break out the shovels and salt spreader a little bit this afternoon.

A little is better than none :)