1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whose Coming To Poughkeepsie For Bbq

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Taconic, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Well we are putting all the loose ends together for the BBQ.Once again it has grown.We have no idea how many people to expect somewhere between 175 and 300 and thats a big spread but its just to hard for us to tell yet. Any of you guys who plan on attending if you could just let me know by replying to this post i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again and this should be quite the event to kick off the snow season.
    John Parker
    845-485-4200

2. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

I am planning on comming as of right now... never know what might come up though. What time does it start? I seem to remember that it was at 10.

3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

BBQ

John,

I'll be there. I may try to get there earlier than 10:00am, just in case you need any help with anything.

Jeff

4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Peggy and I will be there too.

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I'll be there, and probably before 10 AM as well. The Mrs. will be joining me too.

~Chuck

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Count me in for 2.

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Sheryl and I are heading there on Friday. Let me know if you need me to show up early Sat.

8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I am gonna try to make it as well. I have a job that I hope to finish on Friday so I can attend. I think I will be alone as my wife has to work at her restaraunt that day.

9. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

i'll be there, i might drive up on my own or go with mike_plow. i'll get there early to help out with things.

Bryan

10. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I,m planning on going, but since I'll be driving from Boston I might not get there until 12-1 pm. How late does this go till?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2001
  11. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I am planning on coming over there. But like what Wolfie said, never know what might come up. A bit of information for those who are planning to attend the BBQ, I just want to let you guys know that I am deaf so that mean I cannot communicate directly with voice. So when I am there and if you guys want to talk some with me, please write what you want to say on a sheet of paper and I will be doing the same. That is how I communicate with voice people.

John Parker, is there going to be some kind of lecture or something like that during the BBQ? Because if so, then I maybe will have to hire an interpreter. I don't think there will be something like lecture at your BBQ but I am not sure. Just want to check to make sure. Thanks.

12. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

If this has any formal structure than maybe you could post it so that we will not miss something that we really want to see or hear. I kinda got the idea that it was just a casual gathering with lots of info. Please clarify as I may not be able to stay all day but definately want to talk about magic and some other things.

13. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

BBQ

John,

I know I already mentioned I was coming up. But I may bring 2 or 3 other people with me. Not sure about them but I will definitely be there.

Jeff

14. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Ray and I will be down, probably not real early though considering the drive time from here.

15. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

I will be coming also, It will be me and my father and we will try to get there around 11-12. Hope to see all you there.

Jason Schmidt

16. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Brian and I are coming, perhaps one of my subs as well, but I am not sure on him. He is in the Navy, and was schedualed only for 1 month trials through the spring, but 9-11 changed things.
    I will be leaving early sat morn, so that I can set up as well for the edge demos. Should be there by 9 am.
    Jeff Curtis:
    Are you still interested in viewing the Smith spreader? Let me know so I can bring it.
    Dino

17. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

I may be bringing my father as well... he doesn't seem that interested right now but i'm sure he will enjoy it.

18. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I still plan on being there. One problem I can see: whatever set of wheels I end up driving down there, I don't think I can carry enough Molson's for 175 - 300 people! :eek:

("I Am Canadian"!) ;)

19. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

Iam planning on coming as well as one other person. I was hoping to bring more but no one has expressed any intrest around here.

20. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I'll be there. Rob, thanks for reminding me! I almost forgot about those Molsons. Your bringing the real ones right? (Not buying them here in the States) Mmmm... Can't wait for that, and of course snacking on the bowl of Magic, I mean pretzels.