1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's tired of plowing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

After our last go-around with this St.Patti's Day storm I have had it! We were up from Friday afternoon til' Saturday late noon, it never stopped snowing the whole time! I know some of you guys didnt have that great of a season, us either. But we ended up (so far) with 104.4 this season.
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have had enough. With all of the lake effect we get and then that blizzard or Valentine's day just did me in. I am sooooo ready for spring!!!!!!:nod:
  3. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

after that last HUGE storm we had i thought i had had enough but now i really wish we would get another couple inches.
  4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I am ready for some warm weather we didn't get the snow here until the end of winter and I got tired of waiting for it to get here. I am ready for some warm weather fun since we didn't get to have a lot of cold weather fun. I am tired of plowing in the morning and by noon it is all melting away.
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

We didn't get that much this winter, but I'm ready for spring. After 12 hours of plowing yesterday all I could think of was spring. That 70 degree day last week was nice. I'm ready to start rebuilding my driveway.
  6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

7. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

If we were to get 100+ in Central NJ I could take a year off...take that back, 2 years.

This last storm was very good for me. Lots of ice and only 3-5 inches of snow /sleet.
    I know my subs were happy to get some hours in this year. Only the second time we got to plow this year. Not once did we get to fire up the snow blowers.
  8. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

not tired

We have had 80% of an average year of plowing. It is much better than last year as we had 25% of an average years snow plowing.

Our company could use 20% more work so we can have an average year. I would love to have a year that I was tired of plowing and salting.
  9. MnM

MnM Senior Member

same here all the ice just laughed at my blowers. Every event was done with the good ole fashion metal flat shovel
  10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, I am pleased with our winter season, but am really getting geared up for spring. I love summer, so I cant wait to be cutting grass!:cool:
  11. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

100.3 " here in the Rochester area, and thats the exact norm for the season. Forcast : today 39 afternoon rain or snowshowers lickly Tuesday 30 a few scatered snow showers, overnight low 13. You got to love Rochester weather. If it snows I'll plow it, when it melts I'll mow it. No problems here. I love this sh!t payup
  12. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

im done im going to fl next week to get warm...im jst ready to get the boats in the water and get my pplow money in the bank...
  13. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I am ready for spring. we only went out 3X this year and 2X was all ice. The ice has done me in. if we had a all snow event I might feel different but it being almost 70 here last week was soooooo nice
  14. weldit

weldit Junior Member

wish I had been plowing snow

I am not totally sure if it was the same ice event that you had but the last one we had here in Indiana I spent 40 hours awake, 27 of those hours putting power lines back in the air. I am just trying to get my plow truck (and hopefully spare plow truck and driver) ready for my first season next year, All residential due to my regular job requirements. You guys hit it hard all the time, I wonder how you stay awake going job to job! My bucket truck made a few automatic lane changes that storm!
  15. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I am just sick of the customers complaints disputing their bill. It snows for three days straight but their bill should not be more than the average 2 inch plow time. Just fed up in general!:mad:
  16. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

I ditto that one dude! Tried of not getting paid ! :gunsfiring:

OH yea....they weren't there at 12am and 5am
  17. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

idk... i could go for a few more storms. Here in MN, we prob only went out 4 times. That first week of march tho was brutal. I pretty much worked straight from wed night to sat morning... with a quick 3 hours of sleep in between. Reminded me of that show, Deadliest catch, where they go a week without sleep. Yea it sucked, but it was money. Hopfully next year we get a real winter.
  18. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That is the best show on TV. When I get tired I think of that show and think how worse my job could really be. I little cold and snow is nothing compared to what those guys go through.
  19. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

A friend of mine does that in Alaska. Spends the season up there making money, then goes to Florida to kick back, ride his Harley and spend it.payup Another friend went to see him during Dayton Bike Week. :drinkup: till 4am up at 8am then do it all over again. I did it the last 2 years. I'm getting to old for that crap, but boy did I have fun! Some one needs to stay here and plow snow.
    So if your ever stuck in a ditch while plowing just think, you could be coated in ice standing on an ice covered deck of a boat, getting hit by a wave of ice water. BRRRRR
    I'm not tired, but ready to put the plows away. I know better, my plows stay out till I need my mowers. I have mowed around snow piles before.
  20. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

the St. Patti's day storm definitely kicked my ass.
    it was fun, and profitable, but at the end of it I realized I couldn't deal with anymore, at least not that day, or that night.

I need to find a backup driver for next year. definitely.