1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whos taking/took over?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by serafii, Dec 22, 2010.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

im 21 years old and ive been working for my dad since i was 14 part time. its only been 4 years that im full time. last year my dad told me that hes gonna be handing over all the keys and the paper work...and the debts too unfortunately in 3-5 years.

he doesnt really run the show as much anymore. hes just behind me waiting for me to f*** up so he can help me out. i do the talking with the clients, i do the estimates, paper work. all he does is pay the bills and signs the checks at the end of the week. i guess i can say i have the easy part.

this year he invested quite abit of money in equipment so that when he retires, everything will be paid and ill be debt free.

anyways i was just wondering as to who took over their dads business or who is in the process of doing so. lets see some pics of what ur dad left you with and what you have now.

heres what hes leaving me so far.

97-dump-quarry.jpg

fleet-side.jpg

enclosed-lettering2.jpg

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

Looks good, but I have no idea what your trailer says! LOL

3. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

assuming that is in French.
    Paying off as much as possible should help you out alot.
    There are good years and bad years, so every year, I try to prepare that the next year is going to be bad.
    I save up as much money as possible from the beginning.
    Then, at the end of the year, if there is extra money, then I start paying off stuff.

Good luck!

4. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Yah the trailer lettering is in french lol
    Right now the only things on payments are the trailer, 06 sierra and new holland. The sierra is paid as of sept 2011. The trailer and the new holland should be paid in 3 years. He wants to buy mini-ex, pay it and then call it quits. I don't blame the guy, he's worked like a mad man his whole life. An early retirement would be well deserved

5. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

i'll be taking over from my father someday... but not yet. my equipment list is far different though, mostly machine shop and fab tools... and a bunch of old trucks and tractors :)