1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's running a western pro flo 2?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by dieselboy01, Sep 21, 2012.

1. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I have decided a v box will be a little to big and costly at this time so I've been looking at the pro flo 2. Do you guys have any problems with them? Do you like them? How much are they new? I can't seem to find a price on them online. Is there a dealer or sponsor on this site that has them? Thanks for the help!

2. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

In my area they run 3200 with the underbed mount and var. speed controller
    I didn't like that they had a conveyor belt instead of chain like the V-boxes for moving material through them. So I went with the Speedcaster 2 by Fisher which is almost the same thing just different color and has the chain, plus 200$ cheaper to boot.

3. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have a pro flo 2. It is good. I can run wet bulk through it without a problem. I would never pay the amount they are asking at a dealer for one. I bought mine used and cheap. They cost about the same as some vboxs.

4. Christenson77

Christenson77 Junior Member

I have one and the only problem I have is when the snow gets packed around the beltline rollers then freezes. Then the belt wont move and you got to heat up the ice with a small propane torch but that only hapened twice since I have owned it in 2 years. want to buy a used one with 2 different mounts and the controller? $1500 and its yours.

5. Comet

Comet Senior Member

I use to own one and had liked it really well, it held about 15 50# bags of Magic and had no problems filled with sand/salt
    I have a 2yard Vbox now