1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whos runnest the oldest plow truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mdirrigation, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

A lot of these posts are interesting . I was wondering whats the oldest truck out there still plowing and making money? I just retired a 1977 Jeep wagoneer this season.
  2. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

1979 gmc 400 V-8 auto 32 x 11.50 coopers 7.5 meyer, fisher swing away spreader, custom bumper and mount shoved 2 ft of the white stuff in feb 2003, i have a great and knowledgable welder. old and faithful truck, love my full time fwd. byn the way fresh heavy springs on all 4 corners.
  3. apkole

apkole Member

2 - 1977 CJ-7 s. Does a 1969 SW 48 Bombardier count?

How about the plow truck driver manufactured in 1953?;)

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I would think there's a lot more "Older Iron" out there, we'll see how this thread progresses.

For me, its my 1975 Chevy 'Burban

While not my primary truck, it pops into action on "biggies" or like last year when my '90 decided it no longer wanted to go backwards while the front of the plow was a mere 3" from a customers garage door at 3 AM!!!

Got a pull out part way, and tried to go forward and turn up into his yard. Got even stuckER!

stuck plow.jpeg
  5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Here is an older shot of the 'Burban. Here it is shown with the pathetic Meyer ST-90 after a few hard seasons of road plowing.

6. clueless

clueless Member
    from pa

here is my 73 i just retired,semi.she is the backup if the bronco goes down.

7. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

My 76 chev blazer with pikup cab canversion and Meyer 7.5 with new E60. The truck is strictly a plow truck and runs like new.

8. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

1975 jeep cj5 7' meyers
    1979 Jeep Cj7 6.5' meyers
    1979 Ford F-350 4x4 dump 7.5' meyers(unstopable)
    The cj-5 and 350 go out everystorm.The cj7 is to plow the road at my mountain house.
  9. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa

I am plowing with a 1977 Dodge M880. Western 7.5' Pro plow.
  10. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

I missed an awesome deal on a 67 Jeep Pickup with a plowblade right before Winter.. They only wanted $1500.. My business manager (a.k.a. my wife) told me I didn't need it.. Now, it's been snowin for 3 days straight and the weatherman says it's gonna end on Wednesday.. :( That truck would have been paid for about 3 times by now..

Oh well, hindsight..
  11. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Using a 77 Dodge Club Cab W150 w/Meyers 7.5'

Hey Shadled...where ya located in SC Pa? Did your M880 happen to come from either Colemans or Saturn?

Mike (440trk)
  12. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

we just retired a 1974 ford bronco which we picked up in 1993 for $3000.00. It more than paid for itself through the years. still ran and the plow still worked it just was too rusted out. you felt like you were on the flinstones at times where you could put your feet down on the ground through the cab.LOL
  13. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa

Hey 440trk

I sent you a PM.
  14. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Mine is a 75' Ford. Does a good job. Just spent about 3 hours behind the wheel last night plowing the neighborhood.

15. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

got ya all beat, 1965 Willy's Jeep Pick Up, I will post pics. Of course it aint the money maker, Its the truck I let my guy's use at my bussiness while i am out plowing. Manuel Angle Plow.........Gotta love it!:gunsfiring:
  16. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

Well it's not mine,but the guy I use to rent from has a 46 or 47 Dodge Power Wagon,with a homemade dump body and a homemade frame with a 7.5 fisher,military type tires.. Wasn't the prettiest thing to look at but man can that thing(still does) push some snow!!!!:drinkup:
  17. djg0770

djg0770 Junior Member

two years ago my brother was running a 66 Cherokee. At the end of that season, the entire Meyer ST84 with power angle came off his 66 and went on my 87 Grand Wagoneer. Thank you Jeep for not changing frame rails in 21 years!!!!
  18. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

'53 Willys Pickup

Yup, a '53 Willys Pickup -- with an early 80s vintage 6 1/2' Fisher full-power angle plow. A fantastic rig. I plowed for 4 years with this truck, and sold it to a friend of mine this fall. He's used it to skid logs out of the woods, used the plow to grate his horse paddock, and he's plowing his driveway with it this winter.

Admittedly, it was never a money-maker for me -- strictly personal use (my driveway and my neighbor's) But once I put chains on the front wheels, I never encountered anything I couldn't push with it. Yet it's small enough to be meneuverable in tight spots.
    My 5yr old son called it "Willy".

I'm getting all choked up just thinking about it... man do I miss that truck!

Jeff Pierce

53 willys 1.jpg
  19. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i like that old jeep:)
  20. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

those old truck are built 10 times better then whats out there like crumm's truck that is sweet