1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whos Responsible - Part 2

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Mar 11, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Ok, Has this happened to anyone before. I was plowing this last storm (03/09/2005) I was plowing and the wind was blowing making visibilty almost none. I hit a driveway stake and I thought I cleaned it off. Well to my suprise when I went to take the plow off my truck Wednesday night to goto town meeting, I found the driveway stake lodged between the radiator and fan. If that stake had punctured my radiator, who would be repsonsible?
    Thank you
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

you would be.
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'm gonna have to say that it would be your fault. You hit it, bad visibility or not, the stake is not moving, you are. When it is really windy like that you just have to be that much more careful. That is weird that it stuck to your truck. There is a hotel in town, and the people that plow it use 3/4" rebar painted yellow for markers. How'd you like to hit one of those and have it tear a big gash in your truck. ;)
  4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

talk about alittle over kill for a marker. you want something that wont damage your truck if you hit it and more importantly wont damage someones car when they hit it.
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Sorry, it's your falt!!!
    Now, you can send me the $5 bucks to replace it !!!payup :waving:
  6. gpin

gpin Senior Member

If it's not your fault, who's fault is it? If you ask the property owner to pay for the damage it will damage your business credibility. No one ever spreads the word about your good work, but pull something out of line and the news will spread. Glad it didn't go through your radiator.
  7. chris k

chris k Senior Member

You where driving your truck, your fault :drinkup: