1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's paying their subs/employees less?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by NW Snow Removal, Nov 3, 2010.

1. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

Anyone out there decreasing sub/employee payrates? We have had to literally cut some of our prices by 20%, and they are down about 40% since 08/09. We don't want to have to do it...but at these prices it looks like it will be inevitable. :confused:

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Employee rates. No
    Sub rates..In order to land "some" of my new work this year, it was inevitable....but I'm hoping it gets me in good with some new clients and pays off in the long run.

No price changes +/- for work I previously had, and have retained for this year.

3. motoxguy

motoxguy Senior Member
    from WI

I feel the same way but we have not cut our workers wages yet, we used to give everyone a 4 hour minimum but we have had to stop doing that since we are now having to bid our work at about 20% less then last year.

4. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

We are in the same boat. Your not the only one. We havent cut sub rates yet, but it does seem inevitable. Interesting year to say the least.

5. goatboy1

goatboy1 Member

your lucky , up in canada one has to pay a minimum of four hours by law....also , if you try and challenge that with a sub , the odd sub will hit labour relations for clarification and that is how , years ago,I found out that unless a sub has control over loss and profit , he or she is an employee (and thats just one of about 15 conditions)...I got audited and it cost me 30k...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010