1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's in the trucks now?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fernalddude, Feb 11, 2006.

1. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Ok guys I know it snowing but who is in there truck now? Iam sitting at our staging area watching the storm and killing time just droped in to see what up.How many rigs got internet on there rigs to get real time data..

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I am not in the truck. No snow here. How much are you going to get down there? We are in between the snow here. :cry:

JP

3. fernalddude

Just waiting for some frez action tonite wet lots so ground temp is 36 and wind chill keeps droping so thinking prob 2 hours from some salting plenty of water on lots

4. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Yea Im holding tight here in PA, the is a dusting on the ground now, so im gonna go to sleep and get up around 4am an hopefully we'll have atleast 4inches onthe ground. Thay are calling for up to 12in

5. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah I had put some salt in the truck thinking I would have to salt tonight as well. But at this point it doesn't look like it. Been looking at a radar you might have more coming from the Dayton area a good amount over the border near
    Ft. Wayne right now.

Have fun,

JP

6. fernalddude

Jpocket so your at home now in the warm chair (LOL) Hope you get the 12 Inches we all need some snow. I think we all got cabin fever ...

7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

It's 10:30PM here in Jersey, they said the snow should have started seven hours ago but nothing yet. Oh...wait...I think I see a flake comming down...:angry:

8. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser Senior Member

Maybe we will get a couple inches tonight fernalddude. Warren county does'nt seem to get anything this year.:cry:

9. fernalddude

ok got to log off for intellicast weather update good plowing guys and be safe .....:waving: :waving:

10. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

psshhh we didnt get **** here in Columbus. I woke up this morning and we had about a half inch of dusting me and my guys go out to do some salting we get to some of our lots in downtown columbus. NOTHING :realmad:

11. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

we are in the midst of getting pounded here, around 8 inches already on the ground and calling for 15-20 when all is said and done, gotta get back out there, stay safe guys

12. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

same, i just stopped in for some breakfast :gunsfiring:

13. fernalddude

ok at work now just salted some lots last nite made a few bucks but looks great for north east guys cant wait to here some of the stories out of this one.....:dizzy:

14. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

This is one of those times i wish i could drive about 6 inches down now looking at 20+ to come later today:p

15. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Went out at 9AM Local time, home about an hour and 3/4 now for lunch./breakfast and a break. Plenty on the ground over my trigger, but no sense pushing 3 inches of powder when there will be another 3 inches in asn hour again... heading back out again in about 1/2 hour I think.

No, no net feed in the truck- I'd spend too much time on the net instead of driving.

16. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I was just out for 2 hours it is about halfway through the storm so I broke some commercials out. No rush it is sunday!

17. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

LOL..I GOT UP THIS MORNING TO 12inches. SHould have been out 2hrs before. We got a total of 16inches TODAY!

Now all we need is a few 4-6" storms in the month of February, and a nice mild rainy March and April:D