1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's heard of Assero Services or Assero 24 in Bristol, PA?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Its totally beyond me how any even illegitimate contractor could work for such small money, even a 17 year old kid given a free pickup truck couldn't cut a profit if paid 100% for his services. I searched their facebook page, and i love the photos showing them measuring the back of a truck and taking photos with dates written on it required for invoicing. You need to attach about 100 photos to be paid, and from what i've read, its never right and you'll never get paid your small peanuts anyway.

Here is some info from their multiple requests for house services for snow and exterior maintenance.
    BTW, you get 80% of billed amounts for all services, they say thats their cut. lol

Then you invoice them $55-20% for each snow service and $100 for each house winterization service. nuts

must remove snow one time from driveway, front steps/sidewalk, street sidewalk, side steps, back of house door/deck/patio and path to propane or oil tank, i mean hell thats the whole property at some places! For $44.00 with 50 photos of each house, can you IMAGINE, the time taken to sort hundreds or thousands of photos for invoicing purposes for $44?

Winterization Dry –. Submit with ample before and after photos. (Plumbing Repairs require ASSERO approval above 300.00 Plumbing Allowable)

Northern States – 9/1 to 5/1

24 Hours - Properties in Northern territories will be winterized and/or re-winterized from September 1st to April 31st.

24 Hours - All water will be shut off at the water meter and water meter is connected as permitted by local codes and ordinances. All faucets and access points are to be opened; All pipes are to be drained and then have remaining water forcibly evacuated using compressed air

Shut all faucets, valves and access points and pressurize system to 35 PSI. Systems must hold 35 PSI for 30 minutes to pass a pressure test.

De-energize water heater, attach hose and drain into floor drain or outside. Close drain upon completion. Deposit NON-TOXIC antifreeze (propylene glycol - pink in color) in all drains, p-traps, dishwashers, toilet bowls, toilet tanks, and water collection points in the plumbing system. i assume contractor has to pay for this!

Take Before Photos Of Winterization/De-Winterization/Securing

Install All Proper Signage

· Turn Off Water At Meter / or supply (well)

· Turn Off Breaker / Gas To Water Heater

· Set Thermostat To 55

· Open All Valves

· Drain Water Heater

· Hook Up Air Compressor

· Blow Lines With Air Compressor

· Close All Valves

· Pressure Test (45 Minutes @ 35Psi)

· Take Photo Of Gauge @ 45 Minutes Holding 35Psi

· Estimate Repair For Failed Pressure Test

· Clean Toilets

· Remove Water From Toilet Bowls

· Cap Water Line

· Pour Anti-Freeze In All Toilets/Sinks/Bathtubs/Traps/Drains

· Put On Toilet Wraps

· Post Winterization Stickers

· Post Winterization Sign In Window

Documentation : Contractors are Responsible for Reporting the Following

· Type of winterization completed

· Location water was shut off

· Any evidence of burst pipes/fixtures/freeze damage, including an eyeball estimate of damages if bid not provided to repair

· If all fixtures were drained, purged with compressed air, and anti-freeze added

· If the system held pressure

· If the boiler/heating system was drained, if applicable (steam/hot water winterizations only)

· If utilities are connected

· Indicate any work not completed and the reason for submitting a bid

· Before, during, and after photo documentation must support all work completed.

Snow Removal

Snow removal Work Orders will be issued as needed based on projected snow falls for the area

Snow Removal Requirements:

Ø Remove snow from all entry ways, walkways, driveways, decks and porches.

Ø There must be a path access to any Propane or Oil Tank

Ø Remove any visible debris,

Ø Place salt pellets to prevent slippage

Ø Do not track salt and snow on to floors of home

Ø Abate all Safety Hazards due to Snow/Ice

Ø Must show before during and after photos of snow removal

Ø All photos must be date and time stamped from camera

Ø Do not pile snow in front of Garage Doors

Ø Excess snow (over 1 foot or more)needs to be photo documented and negotiated with State Reps.

Ø Following photos are required in order to get paid for job:

Ø All photos must be Date and Time Stamped from Camera

Ø Street Photo - Front of Home (Before)

Ø Side Photo from Corner of Property (Before)

Ø Sides of Home (Before)

Ø Home Address (House Number)

Ø Action Photo placing salt pellets to prevent slippage

Ø Action Photo snow removal to gain access Propane or Oil Tank

Ø Deck and walk way Action snow removal photos

Ø Front of Home (After)

Ø Side Photo from Corner of Property (After)

Ø Sides of Home (After)
  2. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

You just have to charge enough to cover all the extra work and paper work and then worry about getting paid.
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

yeah and for everyone, the paperwork alone exceeds the payments if they actually paid. i read online they do "property preservation" in michigan, ohio, PA and NJ.
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Are you a masochist?
  5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes....He is....Its good entertainment for us
    BUFF likes this.
  6. Ramairfreak98ss

Mark, i know you have my posts flagged or just live online :) either way, maybe its just the northeast, this area has been flooded with these popup companies who have money pumped into them to defraud everyone. This asserso company has a "drone" video on their facebook page with all of their fleet of trucks driving out of their site. Its humorous how they make it seem like such a large national company that can handle a million accounts, yet have as many vehicles as we do, a lowely local snow/landscape company... and at that, everything looks like it was bought last year, same truck, same color, same everything, good for branding your crooked name i guess. At least brickmans has real work trucks and not just some pickup trucks do do landscape and land management work with.
  7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Ramair, we know you dislike Nationals but no need to beat this like a dead horse as you have done so many times with other nationals...work for them, don't work for them, etc but everyone can and should do their homework when subbing for anyone, we know, but no need to flood the board again with all these pop up threads about pop up companies

BUFF, LapeerLandscape and Mark Oomkes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.