1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's got there plow on?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Playboy, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Just wondering who put there plow on yet. Where getting light snow turning into rain today.... It's coming......
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Both plows are mounted, still an outside chance that snow may accumlate tonight.
  3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Not mounted but ready to go if needed.Its been sleeting here most of the day, it may get a little icy tonight..Back to 50's next week though :cool:
  4. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Mine is on. We are getting 3-6" of the white gold tonight and tommorrow :drinkup: payup :D
  5. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

Just trying to figure how I'm going to come up with the cash to buy one.
  6. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Sell the truck LoL
    I need to clear out my garage so I can mount mine. Guess i'll do it this weekend since I'm not using the truck for anything else..
  7. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

I haven't put my plow on yet. As of right now the snow has stopped here in Waltham...maybe a 1/2 inch on the grass...nothing on the streets really. If it accumulates over the night then it won't take me long to put it on.

As a rookie, I would love nothing more to have my first plow on a easy Saturday morning. :nod:
  8. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

9. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

Plow? Oh yeah, that thing I still have stored at my buddies place. I'll be bringing it home tomorrow, but still no hurry. Forecast is for 50's and sunny through the next week anyway. Guess I'll keep playing in the leaves for a bit yet. payup
  10. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Pick up truck tomorrow AM. Western Dealer switched the push bar and finally the new $$$$$$$pendy $250 truck side light harness AND $258 Iso module box to make the swap from my 01 to 04 Chevy !

My plow rig is a 7-6 Western Ultra straight blade with a set of Turkey Wings!
    Its on its 3rd year of heavy pushin' out here in "lake effect" Syracuse NY area!

Lighting wiring Parts won't interchange. Had to go from the seperate relays to the iso. module aka$$$$.
    Guy sez I have to change my plow lights for the new system also.................

Final bill with labor.......$733 bucks !

I do have the complete truck side light harness for a 99/02 GM fullsizer
    using a Western set up.....Will post part #..........
    E-mail me if needed...........................geo
  11. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Pure SNOW here now, sticking to my deck, they just said on the news that the heaviest snow is shifing south, they just put Randolph in the 2"-4" range :redbounce First plow late tonight the way i see it, iam going out now to shovel my deck. I can't wait to try out the Cherokee and the new Curtis, an give the ol F-150 some work too!

Have Fun and Be Safe Everyone :drinkup:
  12. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

mounted up 8 of the 10 plows. got a truck in the shop too. hopefully wont be too much. i still have 48 fall cleanups to do :gunsfiring: only mounted one sander. our big dump truck is in the shop and our new sander is still on its way
  13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Mine is ready to rock and believe me, I want to put it on but I don't want to get dirty looks all day from people. :D
  14. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Had mine on and off 4-5 times already...we've had about 15" of white stuff but we now have some kind of warm spell blowing through...it's frickin 40 deg in Anchorage... :realmad:

With the BOSS Smarthitch it's pretty easy to connect, go clear my lot and a few driveways, then park the plow back in the garage.
  15. MSC

MSC Member

Had the plow and v-box in the GMC dump.
    Went to fuel up, had the 4sale sign in the windshield.
    Sold it before I was finished fueling!

And I get to keep the v-box!
    He didn't want it.
    Now the v-box is going in the pickup
    Looks like I have to do some wiring quick!
  16. Hey Cooter,

I thought that you were such a pimp and had all these AWESOME DODGE TRUCKS AND SNOWPLOWS. :nono: And now, you say that you don't even have the cash to buy a plow. :rolleyes: Instead of harrasing people, get a job and buy a plow. :gunsfiring:
  17. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I have had mine on and off a half a dozen times this year. At the moment it is off but it is lightly snowing so I might need to mount it up tomorrow.
  18. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Ok. They say 2 to 4 or 3 to 5 depending on who you listen to. So either it's a dusting or plowable. So with it being a 50/50 split what's the theory on mounting the plow. If you mount it does that change the odds to 10 to 1 against it being plowable?

I split the difference. I put the mount on the truck but DIDN'T attach the plow. Will this fool the snow gods??? <bg>
  19. proshare

proshare Member

I'm interested in the old plow lights if they are in good shape & you want to part with them. I'm on the north shore of Onieda lake.
    Doug -675-3840
  20. shepoutside

shepoutside Member

plows on one truck, using it for leaves, but ready for snow too. Salter on one truck too, just incase. Let It Snow !!! :bluebounc