1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's got the oldest working plow truck here?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Super Mech, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Super Mech

Super Mech Member

Like the title says, who's got the oldest working plow truck? How many miles?, How many transmissions has it gone thru? Biggest storm it has ever plowed?
    Mine is a 1990 Ford f250hd 5.8L 93000 original miles, original drivetrain, excellent condition, deepest storm plowed was almost 30".
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Mines newer but its one hell of a tough truck.

99 Chevy Tahoe 4 door, 95 thousand original, original drivetrain AND ORIGINAL FRONT END. Had the plow for 9 seasons now. Sits on the ground when you lift the 7'6'' HD but she always starts up, runs strong and it'll push anything. Getting a little crusty underneath. Biggest storm was Nemo, 36''.
  3. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

my beloved CJ7 was an 1983 it started plowing in 1992 and had a good hard life. it was used commercially for 21 years when I sold it. had 130k on the frame. 2 motors by choice for more hp , 2 transmissions second one was bullet proof. both axles swapped, transfer case beefed and just about everything else was done at some point atleast once. Most things were updated for reliability. She served me well and still miss it.

photo (10).jpg
  4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

1955 jeep

5. Super Mech

Super Mech Member

That thing looks like fun! Does the heat work?
  6. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

75 Bronco, 302, C4, 2 overhauls (for more power).
  7. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Last year I built my Dad a plow truck out of one of our old farm trucks. 82 Chevy 3/4 ton with a beat 8ft meyer. Hes a lot happier in that than out in the cold on the old loader tractor! Made it all through last season without an issue!

Heres a shot of the old girl after I dug it out of the weeds (literally) and got it ready for him, but just before the plow install. Shot the bottom half black to "hide" the rust... lol Just occurred to me I never got a pic of it with the plow installed!

8. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

cj7plowing, That is one nice looking Jeep!
  9. Canadian2a

Canadian2a Junior Member

1962 Land Rover.Odo shows just over 70000 miles,but in all honesty that is more than likely 170000 or even 270000.......to the best of my knowledge its been used almost every day since new by the orginal owner,other than when I had it off the road for a rebuild 12 years ago.Engine and transmission was rebuilt at that time,rings were worn in engine and a couple of bearings in tranny were very noisy.I use it as my daily driver and to keep my driveway clear.We usually get one or two heavy dumps per winter in the range of between 30-60cm's of snow.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  10. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Wow. Talk about work horses
  11. RS69

RS69 Junior Member

Nice thread, keep them coming.
  12. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Not a small truck, but this private contractor was using this older International R Series dump truck to plow in New Jersey last winter

13. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Wow some neat rigs!
    That cj7 would be an awesome residential plow rig.
    I really like the international dump truck.
  14. EliteJ

EliteJ Member

We have our 1946 Willys CJ-2A That my grand father bought new in 1947. Still has the optional working willys plow.
  15. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Sounds like a cool truck, get some pic's and post them ! Thumbs Up
  16. Rusty Silence

Rusty Silence Senior Member

I really miss this old truck.

17. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

77-85 chevy trucks here. all of them have been plow trucks since they day they rolled off of the dealer lot. all still plowing.
  18. Super Mech

Super Mech Member

How do you keep them from rusting after all these years?
  19. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

Just sold the old girl last spring it was a great truck.
    79 c30 4 speed it wasnt much of a powerhouse but if you put it in low you could pull a house down

20. FurFishGame

FurFishGame Member

1970 1/2 ton, 2nd engine, 3rd clutch, 2nd plow mount, heavily used. still rocks and rolls, she aint no automatic 6.7 power stroke but she gets it done! [​IMG]