1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's going to SWP Snow and Ice Symposium?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Grn Mtn, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone else going in NY to the seminar? Rochester Jet-Blak and SWP are putting it on in September. Its about using liquids and treated salts.

2. Grn Mtn

looks like i'll be the only one learning about liquids, yippie, more $$$ for mepayup

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Date, time, cost ?

4. Grn Mtn

the 411

9:30-noon Sept 14 followed by a BBQ with Sassy Soul Catering
    SWP Wayland NY Facility, 1399 State Route 21, Wayland NY 14572

Quoting the mailing I got:
    Topics to be discussed:
    Advantages of using treated salt vs non-treated
    Advantages of using liquid as a pre-treatment and salt additive
    Environmental concerns of straight Rock Salt
    Proper use of liquids with demo's

they are asking for $20 reservation to make sure you'll come, but they (Rochester Jet Blak) will give you a $50 credit toward purchase of products this year. I'll be ordering more stuff this year anyways so its like getting 1/4th of a pallet FREE.

5. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Just did a mapquest-looks like a 7hr drive for me. Might be worth it. Depends on a couple seeding jobs I bid. They will be taking place about the same time. I am not leaving a 1 acre sod install to my guys without me there. Too much material and money on the table not to be there. If i get this job, it will count me out for the liquid info. If all my seeding bids fall thru, I might just slide in.

6. Grn Mtn

your welcome to crash on my couch if your seed job falls through, of course my 3year old probably would come down stairs to watch tv with you, and my 5 year old won't stop asking you questions, and the dogs would be breathing dog breath on you from over the gate hoping you would share that bit o pizza crust:D

7. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Sounds like I would be right at home! 2yr old, yep! 5 yr old, yep! 2 dogs, yep! Sleeping on the couch with some pizza crust, yep! Right at home! lol

8. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Who his Jet black & SWP ??

9. Grn Mtn

Rochester Jet Blak is a distributor for SWP treated salt, I buy my salt from them because they deliver the pallets right into my garage:nod: Last year they wanted my to try the treated salt, but with it being a crappy year, I barely used up what I had left over from the previous year. Anyway, this will be a good opportunity to learn about treated and liquid from the actual manufacture so I can make an informed decision if I want to continue using plain old rock salt or switch to treated. SWP is another type of Magic/Caliber thing, were it lowers the melting point and makes it more residual and less rust forming.

10. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Is this an all day or all weekend deal with good info all weekend? I would hate to get there after 7 hr drive and find it to be an info-mercial or like going to one of those time share sales pitch deals. If this is an informative seminar about liquid de-icing and is going to be educational I will definately consider it. Do you have anymore info?

11. Grn Mtn

I honestly don't know, I probably wouldn't travel 7 hours for it, but on the otherhand, I did to learn how to build a pondless waterfall....call'em up and ask, can't hurt.