1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whos going to SIMA build a bid? ALBANY NY

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ColumbiaLand, Jul 27, 2009.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Just wondering whos is going to the sima build a bid workshop in albany ny. They are having a few of them around the country so check their site for other sites. you still have several days to register. I went to one of these when they first had it a year ago and would highly reccommend it even if you think that you know everything about snow and ice. Its worth every penny and you can really see how to make your snow business profitable. Let me know if your going, It would be nice to meet some people from plowsite.ussmileyflag

2. ColumbiaLand

Come on plowsiters? Whos going

3. ColumbiaLand

Bump to the top

4. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Went to the one last year in Chicago and got lots of good information.

5. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Got a link where I can read up on it and sign up?

6. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Already passed, but go to www.sima.org to find other upcoming events.

I was a little disappointed with the material that was presented, and the seminar, some good stuff but not sure if it was worth it.

7. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I think I would almost say the same, They made a great point of going over the basics but I think we had enough guys in the room that knew how to figure out their costs. ChrisX I just got a copy of the software from Phil looks pretty nice. Would have meet up if I had known you were going.

Mystic should have gone would have been nice to meet some of these online guys.

8. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I was on vacation. I am going to lookin into going or sending my right hand man since I have school in a few weeks.

9. ColumbiaLand

I feel the same as you guys, I went to the one in buffalo last year when the build a bid first came out. It was kind of free for all of people asking all kinds of questions in buffalo. The one in Albany was much different , I think that they are just trying to get everyone to use the same way to get their costs even though there are several ways to do it. Phil's software is interesting and nice to see what it can do. I would go to one of their classes again as I have done others before and it was worth, more than this class was.

10. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Bidding Snow & Ice Jobs

If anyone is looking for a snow & ice management estimator, I have one available. You simply input the square footage of the area being serviced, the type and size of equipment you will be utilizing on the site, what you want to charge per hour, the level of difficulty on the job and it will calculate a per push, flat rate or seasonal pricing. It will also calculate granular or liquid material rates based on the square footage and material being utilized on the job.

You can also calculate sidewalk time, deicing application times etc.

Best of all, it is not software to learn. It runs in Microsoft excel and you simply enter your job site specifications. If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 800-845-0499. Visit this link to see our products. http://www.profitsareus.com/