1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's going to Rhode Island?

Discussion in 'Snow & Ice Management Association - SIMA' started by ff610, Mar 6, 2010.

1. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I'm getting ready to book my trip to the SIMA show in Providence this year. I'm just curious who all is planning on attending?
  2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Our company will be going.
  3. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

our company executives will be going.
  4. capitalsnow

capitalsnow Member

One or two of us from capital are planning on making an appearance
  5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We are most likely gonna be there
  6. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

I live in Providence, I probably will be going, im in downtown providence almost everyday, not sure if its gonna be worth $300 bucks, thats bigg money for something in Providence, more than any concert or any other event there, says one of my friends who works at the convention center,lol...go figure

SIMASTAFF Sponsor
    from Midwest

This is Brian with SIMA, just wanted to let you know that the price for coming to the show is within the industry standards for like-sized symposiums/events of this nature. Its more expensive than a concert, yes. However, the money you pay gets you access to the trade show for 2 days, and access to all educational sessions at the show for 3 days, plus some special events, including a pretty good amount of food and even some free beers/drinks. In 6 years I have never had any person ask for a refund for the show due to them strongly feeling the money they paid was higher than the value...in fact, our show fees have not increased significantly in many years, 5 or 6 years ago attendees were still paying the same basic rate they are now, and the quality of the show has only gone up. The exhibitors and sponsors of the show are the folks who really bear the brunt of the cost of it!

There are some ways you can save money on your registration as well, check out this page:

Brian with SIMA