1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's Getting A New Truck?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bike5200, Dec 14, 2007.

1. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Drove by a place that upfits trucks, this business is next to the Ford Super Duty plant. This truck was sitting out front. It has a diesel and auto trans. The sticker in the window for the truck 42K

PC140001 (Large) (Medium).JPG

PC140002 (Large) (Medium).JPG

PC140003 (Large) (Medium).JPG

PC140004 (Large) (Medium).JPG

PC140005 (Large) (Medium).JPG
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

42K? wow. that aint bad
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Well, 42K for the truck. The plow and salter isnt worth a penny...:D

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'd throw a 9'2'' xt vee on the front and then a buyers stainless v box in the back!
  5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Atleast the pass. side rachet strap is tight. :dizzy: Get rid of the Meyers stuff and I'd sport it.
  6. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

That will be great if they don't fix it before they throw a load in there and take off down the road just my .02
  7. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Take the meyers off and put a western 9' plow and western spreader
  8. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

If that truck is going to be used around here the Meyers will be fine. The average snow fall down here is 10 to 12 inches of a year . In the past three years we have not had any plowable snow. There are a lot of salt only events down here. I am going to guess that 80 to 90% of all plows down here are Meyers straight blades. On single wheel trucks all you see is a 7 1/2 foot plow and on a dual wheel truck you will find a 8 foot plow.
  9. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

do you find that its difficult to steer with the single and dual wheeled trucks. I have heard they are great on gas, up here in the midwest we run 4 and 6 wheeled ones. Works great:bday:
  10. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

Gas truck. Diesel would be $$$. I don't like the new Ford front ends (used to have all Fords before I bought my GMC) but I actually like this truck.
  11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a diesel to me. Look at the vents below the "F-450", if they have a red tint its a diesel.
  12. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

thats fords marketing scheme now. they are color coding the fake vents :p
  13. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

vents look black to me? This is what happens after minimal sleep and a little to much to :drinkup: each night lol when your young.
  14. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

That truck was down at the EXPO this year at the Ford booth. Not a bad looking truck!
  15. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

$42,000 must not include the plow or salter. I just bought a 2008 F 450 extra cab gas/auto and it was $33,000 with no bed. After 9ft dump and Blizzard 8611 l have about $46,000 in it.
  16. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

It's definately a gasser, the V-10.
  17. renegade3064

renegade3064 Junior Member

actually, those vents are functional.
  18. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

They'r all nice when they are new. Its that fat coupon book that concerns me.I been shopping for a while , and their not budging w/ numbers.Mines paid for and running great , well maintained and professionally used *( not beated on). So whats the hurry . As soon as it takes a poop ill think a bout it a lil more about pulling the trigger
    that truck posted up top here is worth 58 around here.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  19. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

The sticker on the window had a base price around 30K and with all the options it was 42K.
    The truck has a diesel engine.

20. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

He said in the first post its a diesel auto trans.... Not a bad price for the set-up then.. xysport