1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who's Better?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbunny, Dec 27, 2004.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Junior Member

Serious issues here gentlemen...ladies too....

I've two different companies offering sponsorship (A Western Dealership/BOSS Dealership) for my new truck. 2003 chevrolet 2500HD.

My question is, with both companies wanting my time and energy as well as advertisment how do I rule who's better? Both companies have given me the pro's but hardly any con's. I've spoken to several experienced 'Hired" guys, but I need "real guys" testimonies. Can Anyone help? :help:

2. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

I would go with western. They have been around for alot of years, and all I use is western equipment. I have had minimal problems with the equipment, and overall I just like the performance. Beyond that western has always been a trusted name in plowing. As far as boss goes you hear good and bad stories with thier equipment, as with western I have hardly heard as many bad stories. But in the end the choice is yours..............I just think the western 8ft pro plow would look nice on the front of that chevy...... :drinkup:

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Probably can't go wrong with either. Personally, I prefer BOSS...

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Well I'll be damned, someone from my home town is actually a member on here!! It's about time!!! :waving: :drinkup: :redbounce

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Snowbunny, you got an email addy or screen name? Pretty cool that somebody in my same town is on here. :waving:

6. KUJAWA RSK

KUJAWA RSK Member
    from PA

HOW Do You Get A Sponsorship For A Snow Plow Co. Thank's

7. salopez

salopez Senior Member

yeah fill us in oh how to get some sponsorships!

8. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sponsored by BOSS. Their name is all over my new equipment. Plow and spreader.

It's just that it's not a PAID sponsorship... :(

9. derekbroerse

So what exactly DOES it get you? :confused: And how do we get it? lol

10. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Ummmm,...Derek

If your asking me...I was just being sarcastic. But I would seriously like to know what Snowbunny is talking about.

11. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

I like my BOSS and would like someone to sponser a spreader. :rolleyes:

12. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Id go with the western!

13. derekbroerse

So would I. :D

14. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

I'm guessing that shes going to plow in a bikini...news at 11:00

15. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Well, this is a bit hard to understand, since these companies have their names in large letters all over their equipment anyway. In more than 20 years, I've never heard of anything like this, let alone from two different companies "biting at the bit" like it is for some star athlete or something. I would like John Allen's input on this. He was the official snow removal contractor for the 2002 Olympic Games in Utah. Now, for something like that, I could see a corporation allowing the USE of some of their equipment in exchange for them being able to endorse THEMSELVES as the "official plow of the '02 Olymics", or "The official snow removal equipment of the '02 Olymics". I remember when Jeep did this for the U.S. Ski Team.
    This subject has been discussed many times before on Lawnsite regarding turf equip. sponsorships. I don't believe anyone has ever actually recieved anything like this. Oh yeah, you can BUY the large Exmark decals, but so what...we are paying money to advertise for THEM.
    Again, show me a contract and I'd seriously consider it too if I could get a discount on the products I buy from the companies.