1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whos better CHEVY or FORD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lawnkid14, Jan 20, 2010.

1. lawnkid14

lawnkid14 Member

Im almost 16 but i cant decide who really makes the best truck for all around use towing trailer, plowing daily driving to school. I feel like chevy is better but there are more fords out by me. It seems like 80% of people on this site use chevys. Please help:)

2. bean7654

bean7654 Member

This is going to be a brutal discussion!!

3. lawnkid14

lawnkid14 Member

I know. This will go on forever:realmad:

4. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Yep. Here we go again.:dizzy:

The better truck is one that is paid for and gets the job done.;)

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

:dizzy:definately a subaru outback wagon. cant beat the awd for plowing :help: can we possibly get a ban on these threads

6. bean7654

bean7654 Member

Honestly, I would think 75% to 85% of the people here will say the better of the 2 is what they currently have. I can say buy Chevy cause that's all I ever own but we all know that doesn't answer that question. There are some people that have valuable reasons as to why one better then the other but I think it comes down to preference cause as you have seen already plowing can be done with Chevy or Ford and also Dodge, Toyota..........

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

:gunsfiring: kill this right now:gunsfiring:

8. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I doubt you will be buying new, so it is not really a question of who makes a better truck. They are all good in their own ways. Just the same as all have weak points. You will have to figure out what price range you can reasonably afford. Then start researching to see what trucks fall into that price range. Then research those trucks as far as common problems with them. While out truck shopping, make sure you look everything over twice if not three times, to make sure it will not be a money pit that you will eventually regret buying. Do NOT forget to smell the transmission dipstick, if it smells burnt, walk if not run from it. If your father is mechanically inclined, bring him with you, or somebody who knows about vehicles and what to look for when buying one.

Matt

9. lawnkid14

lawnkid14 Member

thanks for that response mattr and if u want me to kill it i can

10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

You dirt bag... FORD IS BEST:waving:

You all are scum.... CHEVY beats ford hands down :D

11. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I agree.

Your welcome. I don't think you can kill the thread, only the moderators and administrators can delete or close threads. Do not worry about it though, some people will post like that instead of giving advice because they see lots of these types of posts.

Matt

12. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

coming from the guy with a rainbow in his sig :p

13. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

Neither, Dodge is best......zing......lol to each their own

14. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

no ford is best

but what about honda? :laughing:

iam sure this thread will be deleted soon

15. procut

procut Senior Member

16. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I agree, but mainly because of all of the BS posts. Lawnkid asked what he thought was a good honest question. Majority just seem to make fun of the thread instead of helping the young guy out a bit. At least maturity levels are being shown by the type of posts here. Sorry if that offends any of you, yet maybe next time the smartest thing to do is not post if you do not want to help. I am sure I will get internet bashed for that statement, but oh well.

Matt

17. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

grrr matt wth. no iam jk...

kid its up to you, i prefer ford, most guys that plow around here plow with fords even tho the chevy and gm were also made here

18. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Matt, you suck!! Why don't you shut the hell up!! :laughing::laughing:

19. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I like the chevfordodges the best. wesport

20. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

I second what Matt is saying, thats great advice, all trucks have up's and downs.. As with anything built. I myself am a Ford guy till the day I die, it's just my preference. Buy what's in good condition and priced right and in your budget to start out. I wouldn't be to concerned with whats better or what company made it. I would however only be looking at the american trucks, real american trucks Ford, Dodge, or G.M.