1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wholesale SAM source?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ibelee, Jan 18, 2006.

1. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

I know there is a lot of SAM parts being sold out there.

Does anyone know where you can buy them?

2. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

SAM Parts

I usually buy from Angelos-supply.com. They seem to have good pricing and very good service. Their # is 1-800-angelo2.

Hope this helps:)

P.S. They are located in a suburb of Detroit.

3. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

What is SAM parts

4. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Angelos is a retail distributer

Isn't about time we stop buying retail and combine our buying resourses to buy whoelsale?

How many people are memebers of plowsite?

What is our total volume of parts purchasing power?

I paid $103 for a $69 part that was sold to me.

Should we not all have this buying power?

This is plowsite!

Sean has created a site that benefits us all. We share information, experience, and knowledge.

In Maryland, through the efforts of a few, we bougth salt at wholesale pricing. One of us would have found it difficult to do this. Together, as a consortium, as plowsite members we did this.

Whether you own a Western, Meyer, Fisher, Blizzard, or one of the many others...Do you buy parts? Do you buy maintenanace items?

5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Sorry Frank

SAM, for lack of better terms, is known as "same as manufactuer", or in our case "snowplow aftermarket". I have found these parts to be no more, nor less, reliable(but less expensive) as genuine manufacturer replacement parts. We are now turning over 20-30 units per month and the SAM parts are as competetive as far as warranty issues.

6. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Sam

We used SAM parts in the past and had nothing but problems with their parts from seals and o-rings to valves. It definitely pays to use the OEM parts whether it is a Western, Blizzard or Meyer.

7. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

SAM Parts problems

That was my attitude also until I did a little research.

In most cases, not all, SAM parts are actualy made by the same manufacturer, on the same machine, with the same materials, to the same tolerances as OEM Parts. Here's the catch. These parts can not be called OEM unless they are manufactured specificaly for the vendor they are under contract with. That is not to say that there are not bad copies being made by a different manufacturer. To me, it just means you need to know who manufacutured the SAM parts you buy.

As an example, I called Meyer to find out if I the O-rings inside the pump housing were available. I was told that the pumps for Meyer come to them completely assembled and that these O-rings were not offered to their Dealers for sale. I went to the hardware store and bought the same exact rings for 23 cents each, installed them in the pump, installed the pump on a unit I had just rebuilt, and tested the unit. Everything was great.

I spent 46 cents on a $128 pump. I am told by the buyer of the unit, who lives in New Mexico, that he has used it all year so far with no problems.