1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wholesale bulk salt in ct

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by all seasons, Aug 12, 2009.

1. all seasons

all seasons Member

Anyone buy bulk salt in ct, Im in northwest corner Torrington where it costs $125.00 and up per ton

2. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

Are you selling salt? or telling of us a place that does? Or looking to buy?

3. all seasons

all seasons Member

Im sorry, that was a little vague. I am looking for a source of wholesale road salt that is available to me in northwest Ct

4. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

Ah I see. If you find a place let me know.

5. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Depending on were you are from hartford is the closet to you jenning's rd last year they were 90 per ton. GT in new haven is your other option last year 95 per ton.
    i will post ther number tommorow for you. I got some last year from rhode island my friend back hauled it for free 76.50 per ton . the only problem was it was very dark in color and held moisture more than any other i have ever used.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Just got a price but F.O.B. is Brooklyn @ $93 p/ton

7. all seasons

all seasons Member

Today I found a link to North Harbour shipping in New Haven, just waiting to hear back from them but I will post the results.

8. fireside

fireside Senior Member

They posted finally pricing last year on oct 29 for the season. Then i had troble getting it out of the yard they were not selling wholesale to contractors into just after thanksgiving.