1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whoa! lake effect

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by OBRYANMAINT, Feb 17, 2001.

1. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

akron ohio....7:30 am sat....super light dusting....not even enough to squeak out a salting.........30 min later white out and one inch on the ground.........30 minutes later 1.5 inches has fallen......then the skies open up and could be mistaken for a summer day if it were not for the wind chill..........

we only get these 5 or 6 times a year.....gotta give allin credit yes he gets the snow but at what expense,always being on edge? probably worth it in the long run but boy you really need to hustle to be timely w/ these kind of snows
    i finished an otherwise 3 hour salt route by ten and it feels like a whole day has passed

doug

2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Take it while you can.

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i will and enjoy it thanks

4. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Ice here in CT this morning; I wish I had my salter this year!!

5. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

npalomba,
    You should have called me,I would have let you use one of ours.Didn't get below freezing last night.
    Oh well ...I actually saved money :D

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

6am this morning, only icy areas were in the shadows; any paved treated areas that are usually in the sun were dry but the silhouette of buildings trees etc were iced over.

7. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio

we hardly have any snow here either, just a light dusting.

8. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Another dusting here Sunday morning. Just enough to salt everything that's open.