1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who would think it's a 96?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RepoMan207, Dec 17, 2008.

1. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It occurred to me, I never posted before and after pics of my Plow Re-con.

A break down of what I did:

All new hardware, every bolt, U bolt, nut, washer, torsion spring, attachment pins, trip springs, every pin an cotter pin including the jack stand assembly.

All new Hoses, an harness's

All new filter, motor, Pump, seals, coils, cartridges & manifold cover....An a good olé' elbow grease cleaning inside and out.

New Angle Rams, and fittings.

Upgraded Lift arm from MM1 to MM2 style, I have but didn't install the cable spring kit due to bad feed back. I may still do this.

Upgraded lights to intensifier.

New cutting edge, chain, handle, guides and stickers.

Broke the plow down 100%, and had everything sandblasted, zinc coated, powder coated, painted, and clear coated.

I am supposed to install the pro wings tomorrow, but I am having trouble coming to terms with drilling holes in the moldboard!

I got this all done about a month ago....Never missed a storm. Alot of planning and collecting of new parts. Not to mention the deciphering Fisher's part numbers. I have about $900 worth of POR 15 and a gallon of Fisher paint I was going to use (I was planing on having left overs for future projects), but couldn't find anyone to spray it for me.....anyone interested, I will sell it all for $350 + shipping. I have a list on request.

This was bought in Sept. of 1996. You wouldn't know it by looking at it today.

100_0737.jpg

100_0738.jpg

100_0741.jpg

100_0740.jpg

100_0739.jpg

100_0737.jpg

100_0738.jpg

100_0739.jpg

100_0740.jpg

100_0741.jpg

2. RepoMan207

from Maine

Here is the others.

100_0742.jpg

100_0743.jpg

Here is what it DID look like.

old.jpg

old1.jpg

old2.jpg

100_0742.jpg

100_0743.jpg

old.jpg

old1.jpg

old2.jpg

3. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Looks good! Didn't realize they used a trip edge design back then though :)

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

yup yup, they actual pioneered the trip edge I believe.

5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks really good
    nice work

6. Maine-Rider

Maine-Rider Junior Member

Looks great. You did a nice job.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Ryan, that looks great. Just curious if you ever tallied up your time and money in that? And to you still have the POR?

8. antanddom

antanddom Member

wow mine is the same year and looks like **** I'm trying to do the same

9. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

That looks mint nice job

10. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

You know even in the before photos that looks like a well cared for plow. My 2000 looked alot like it last fall before I touched it up.

Lots of work there, great results.

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

WOW- looks great! How much did it cost you to to a total refurbish like that? Looks like you've got a few burned out bulbs on the truck tho- j/kussmileyflag

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thanks everyone!

For everything it was around $2k. The blasting, coating and painting was a big chuck at $780.

13. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

I would think its a 96 with that headgear :p Just kidding, looking good.

14. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Thats a deal- mine was $1000

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

I know of a place here in Maine that will do it for under $400....the best part is, Fisher actually started using these guys when the first started powder coating and then again when they updated there process. They still use them today for over flow work. The only reason I didn't use them was they couldn't do it for two months as they were re doing a NH prison at the time.....I have no Patience. I have to look there name up, but I will post it once I find it. There in Lewiston, ME on River Rd.

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think I know the place you're talking about. Is there an old military aircraft nearby?

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

.......no, thats were I went to get mine done....Thats Performance Product Painting Inc. in Auburn. They had alot of high profile reviews when I was researching them. Pricey, but very good work. Did you know they actually auctioned those planes off. They went for $700,000 each. There still there, or they were a couples months ago.

The place I was talking about was Northeast Painting & Coating. A trucking company I dispatched for use to handle all of Fisher's LTL work, thats how I found them. We had regular runs down there an back. Mostly the Plow Shoes, Push Plates, Mounting Brackets, and other goodies. Talk about heavy loads.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you got those guys to do yours for under $800 that's a great deal. We have a metal "artist" down here that uses them. He does fantastic work, so do they.

19. stillen

stillen Senior Member

the only dead giveaway is the safety catch...... I never understood why they did away with those....

20. RepoMan207

from Maine

I feel a bit better over the whole thing now. You have no idea, I really thought I got jacked.