1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who wants to see a ....

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by LawnProLandscapes, Jan 28, 2009.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

Boss expandable wing plow similar to the Blizzard Power Plow 810/8611? or maybe even a V plow with expandable wings on it :cool:? i love the versatility of the v plow and love my boss but just want the ability to move more snow faster and it just seems like the expandable wing plows do it better. I'd just prefer to still have a boss plow though.

i emailed boss to see if we could get some answer or any specualtion on new plows being developed and mentioned plowsite to them to see if they could possibly have a rep come on here to answer questions and such.
  2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

i think some of the other companies have neat ideas.. but theyre SO damn heavy most times. Youd need a minimum of a 6k front axle F350 ford to even consider it. I saw a snow way i think 10-11' with wings out sink the front of a F550 2008 truck at the show floor lol, i mean it had a 6500lb front spring/axle rating.

It would be neat though if they had almost like a 12" FLAT part of the plow mounted on or in front of the center beam of the boss v plows, and then hydraulically the two halfs of the wings could extend 6-8" out each way. That woudl make a 8 footer V over 9' and a 9'2 well over 10'.
  3. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

LawnProLandscapes, I like the way you think.

All I want really, is a Sno Way Mega Vee with some Revolution wings on the end of it. Or a Blizzard 8611 with a hinge in the middle.

Is that too much to ask? Is LawnProLandscapes really such an unreasonable guy?

LawnPro, you try the wings on your 9' 2" Poly yet?
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

no i havent tried wings on my plow yet even though i thought hard on it a few times.... i still havent received any information back from boss yet. im really thinking about jumping ship and buying a blizzard when i get my next plow if boss doesnt step up to the plate soon.

update i just checked my aol mail and found this response from boss. they have forwarded it on though..

Thank you for taking the time to contact BOSS Products and for your support. We currently offer the Blade Wing Extension Kit (MSC08042B) which provides an additional 22” of coverage for either Power V blades or Straight Blades. This kit works on most blades with the exception of the Power V XT (which should be available later this year). Product patents limit our ability to mirror other manufacturer designs but we do our best to offer our customers the most options when it comes to plowing. I have forwarded your comments to our Engineering Department for additional follow up. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.

hopefully in the next couple of years we will see some new form of expandable plow, and maybe one of there reps will come on here and start reading post's and maybe repsonds
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What was you expecting them to say? Think DD purchased Blizzard because they liked their paint?