1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who wants to be the first?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by William B., Feb 8, 2007.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Typical dealer,doesn't even know what he's selling. If you read the spec's he say's it has the Allison tranny. Sure it's a 6 speed but not an Allison! With a 6.0L it's a 6L90 6 speed. Truck look's pretty good overall though.Decent ground clearance with the Z71 package. The gage's are sweet but not too sure about the look of the dash...look's kinda Tundra..ish. :nod: BTW William, are you financing it? If so, I'll be the Guinna pig! :D

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  3. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i going to order a crew cab leather it will be the last truck im going to buy in a long time

4. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

its got the allison trans in it, take a look at the shifter the button is on there for the lockout.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Only the Duramax equipped truck's have the Allison. The 6.0's use the 6L80 tranny and both the tranny's feature "tap shift". If you look at the pic of the option list, it list's the trans as RPO code "MYD". That's the 6L80.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  6. Factory remote start, it's about time!!

7. dmcenery

dmcenery Member

William,
    I'd look for a 07 classic and save a few thousand. This truck has a lot of nice features but for $39,000 I want some thing with plow prep. I did not see it listed on the sticker.

Dan

8. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

The allison trans is offered with a D-max or the 8.1 which is only offered in the 4500 and 5500 series anymore.You cannot get an allison with the 6.0

9. GrandScapes

GrandScapes Senior Member

That truck is beautiful..if I didnt owe so much on my 05 3/4 ton I would def order me one. We also just bought a couple of 07's work trucks for our fleet so our new truck budget is in the red zone for a little while :(

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I cant stand how they put wood grain dash in friggin work trucks! Come on... why??
    Personally i just hate wood grain dashes.

11. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I tried building one to match but Chevy's website willonly let me build 1500s in the new style. Is the Z71 package legitimately offered on the 2500HD? Used to be just for the 1500's.

12. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

eww

i really dont like the way that truck looks... i personally like the new GMC's grill a lot better

13. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, the look of the new Chevy upsets my stomach, the front end is awfull low for a plow dont ya think.

14. kkls2006

kkls2006 Member

We have a 04 3500 With the 8.1 and the Allison..

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What I think Turf Masters meant was the 8.1 is no longer available in the 2500/3500 trucks after the '07 model year, which is correct. :)

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't fret just yet 06HD :D , to the best of my knowlage the woodgrain dash is only in the LTZ optioned truck's (which that one is) The lower trim level's won't have the woodgrain.

17. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Hey grandscapes why did you buy 07's? I just bought an 06 2500HD its the typical work truck 4x4 plow prep but it had $6500 in rebates where the 07 only had $1500. My dealer here in the Cleveland area did a dealer trade mine came from Indiana but there were several in Michagan. Just curious if your dealer gave you that option.

18. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

I'll pass

I Like my 02
    What will the front end will look like when you have to cut the valance for the plow bracket
    I don't like the fake wood dash

19. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

You are correct! The new 07 8.1 is only in the bigger trucks.I tried to get another 8.1 which I have 2 of in 3500 mason dump but the deadline was Dec 15th 06 to order them.

Glenn.

20. kkls2006

kkls2006 Member

My Bad Sorrry...:)