1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

who wants a unimog 18 '499

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by IPLOWSNO, Jan 9, 2009.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i hope this works,
    CASE 406 uni-mog, comes with 3 section plow, snow blower and salter, maintaince records since new. send me an email if your interested and I can give you more details. tile in my name with no lein. call chip 800-932-2274 ext 129
  2. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

You NEED to post pics of that. I would like to see it

Monitors will probably move it to the equipment for sale thread.
  3. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

4. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Is it "Who wants it" or is it "Who wants to BUY it? If it's the first one, dibs!

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

sorry guys i found it on craigslist, im lucky enough to get that info on here. i seen it on syracuse but its loacated in pa.
  6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

7. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

This Mog includes a Schmidt S3 snowblower. I have one and it works great for cutting back snowbanks. Parts for the truck and plow / blower are all still available here in the US. If anyone here buys it I can help with sources etc.
  8. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I didn't think you could register (get plates) for these in the US... -Am I wrong?
  9. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Bet it's an animal, I always wanted one of those but at 18k it's a little rich for my blood..........how much do you think the blower is worth if I were to scoop it and unload that component???
  10. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

If it's over 25 years of age it's exempt from DOT standards and older than 21 EPA standards by Federal rules. Each State has it's own set of rules.

I got my first 406 in 1999 and I'm on my 8th now. All were legally registered. Some are slower than others, like 36 mph top for a 411 to 70 mph for a newer Mog w/ super fast axles.

Here's a bit of history on the Mog:

That blower is s Schmidt S-3 and was made to run off the front hydraulics and PTO on a Unimog. The PTO rotation is opposite US farm tractor rotation. It would basically only work on a Mog or MB Trac (another very unique tractor). Figure $2500. to $4500. for a used S3. Here's a video of an S5.
  11. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Holy SH!T after seein that vid, I want one...lol