1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who using the 8611?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Mike S, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

What size machine is everyone running on thier 8611ss?
  2. Mike S

No one is using a 8611ss? I just was wondering what machines every one is using?
  3. lawnscape48

lawnscape48 Member
    from michgan

i was thinking of puting one on a f450 dump
  4. Mike S

I was wondering more along the lines of a skid steer. If i had a 450 I would put one on! It looks like it would the greatest thing ever.
  5. lawnscape48

lawnscape48 Member
    from michgan

i think it would work fine on ss
  6. A Man

A Man Senior Member

I'm running an 8611ss on my bobcat. It plows alot of snow, I would recommend investing some money into some tires, either wolf paws or solid deal tires. They plow alot of snow but they are prone to breakdowns. You're going to need to fab your own mechanical stops, reroute the hydro hoses, reinforce the the A frame so it doesn't break in half. We had to install two shocks to the trip assembly as well so during travel the plow would stop bouncing so hard, it's espcially bad on a skid steer. I'm on my third mould board in 3 years all covered under warrenty due to welds breaking. I would also recommend carry several extra valves, hoses and extra cyclinders. At the end of the day the plow has paid for itself many times over but I don't think I would buy another. I think I would either look at machinability, horst or possible even the artic sectional plow.
  7. Stone Mountain

Stone Mountain Member

We have an 8611 mounted on an 06 F-550. It plows great, when it's working. We've blown 6 rams this year, it won't lift more than 6" above the pavement (dealer says that's it), and it's leaked fluid out a dozen times, including it's first use when brand new. I wouldn't buy another.
  8. Mike S

Holy crap sounds like they like to breakdown!
  9. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Your dealer is wrong. I have a 08 F 450 with a 8611.
    If it only lifts 6 inches you may want to check your push beam . Sounds like its loosened up and twisted downward which causes the plow to not lift as high. This happened to me.
  10. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

I run an 8611LP on my F350 and outside of a few problems wich weere takencare of by the warrentee i've hade no problems and it cut my plowing times in half....payup
  11. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I run a 8611lp on my 3500 chevy dump with absolutely no ploblems. I also run an 810ss limited with no problems