1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who Uses Zillow or Google Earth??

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by EGLC, Dec 11, 2009.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Who here uses zillow or google earth to give estimates?? I've been getting tons of calls, so I've just been using Zillow to give people a "rough estimate" if they're OK with the price then I will actually drive out and take a look....

Anyone else doing this??
  2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I've tried Google earth. My county website has a better system. Most are called an "interactive GIS" and they zoom much closer and more clearer. Just look up the county web where the job is and search their site.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have a cracked version of google earth its not quiet that good i sometimes use googles street view
  4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Try goilawn. Access to aerial pics as opposed to satellite pics. Much higher resolution and detail.....directional views are great and so are the measuring tools.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im gonna have try that out
  6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

for $2 per search I'll stick with zillow for now.
  7. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Im really not sure why no one uses bing.com, everyone posts these blurry pictures of sites using google and other stuff.
    Maybe its not available everywhere....

8. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

i use street view and bing.....its funny people say"what? u can see my house from the internet?"LOL