1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who uses the Fishstik?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hiwire, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

I havent heard much said about the Fisher handheld control. I used to have the push/pull rods on my old meyer and the old fisher I plowed with at work had the joystick. I have plowed the last 2 yrs with the fishstik and I think its the best set up so far. I was just wondering how many of the rest of you use it and how you have liked it. Also I have been considering a foil of some sort for my fisher. Does the heavy curl add enough weight to make a difference or am I better off with the rubber one. I know price is an issue but I only have the one truck so isnt a big deal.
  2. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

We hace the Fishstick on all our trucks

3. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

And the Snowfoil also. It's mainly for parking lots and roadways. Interferes a little when stacking, but allows for a pretty good speed when plowing parking lots.

4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I had a Western handheld (same thing) on my setup originally, and swapped it for a joystick. I like for my controls to be firm in one place, the cord from the handheld kept getting caught in the steering wheel. I mount my joysticks (also have a snowman back plow) on a board that goes under the console and straps to the seat, then I can rest my arm on the console. As for the snowfoil, I think they are nice, much sturdier than a rubber flap.
  5. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

I agree that the hand held controller gets to be a pain. Thats why we mounted all of ours. It still has the " mic clip" hang up bracket so that it can be hand held, but all of us just leave it hung up. Your left hand naturally rests on the grip.
  6. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

I have had the fishstick since '96 and love it. I would not mount it as I can use it with either hand.
  7. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

We have fishsticks in both of our trucks. I like them much better than the joysticks. I hold the controller in my right hand while plowing.
  8. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I have 2 trucks with the fishstick and have both of them duct taped to the column shifter, I can shift gears (forward,reverse) and raise or lower the plow at the same time. Unless im forced to, I will never use anything else.:redbounce
  9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The only thing I like better about the fishstick is the soft stop when angling.
    Our MVP plows all have the hand held unit, they get to be a apin after a while.
  10. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

I have the fish stick also. I have it setting inbetween the seat and the center console of my 99 s-10. I t is great for my truck as I have a standard.

Josh 99zr2
  11. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

I have a fishstik on a big truck on it's way to my place ;)