1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who uses stacking stops on there Xtreme V and which ones?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by farmboy52787, Feb 24, 2008.

1. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

I just got an 8'6" Xtreme V this month and love it. The deal however put the long stops on so i couldnt stack as high so i went back to ask for shorter ones. They told me that it would void the warranty because they have had problems with the lift chain coming into contact withe isolation module. I put on the shorter stops anyway because a buddy of mine has the same plow with the shorter stops. I have my plow positioned in the bottom hole as well and theres no way that the lift chain will ever hit the isolation module. Just wondering if anyone has damaged there isolation module due to the short stacking stops? If you did which of the three holes was your plow in on the push frame? I could see maybe if you were in the top hole then the plow could go even higher and possibly hit then but then you dont get as much of an attack angle as you would with the bottom hole.

2. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

My dealer put the long stops on my 9.5 XV when they replaced the T frame that was cracked not really sure why but I don't like it much.

3. Stone Mountain

Stone Mountain Member

We had exactly the same problem, with exactly the same explanation. Our dealer took off the stops, and we've had no problems whatever.

4. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

No problems here with the shorter ones on my 8.5'. I'm even thinking of running without any stops. Just need to get some snow to try it out and see if it will cause any clearance problems.

5. farmboy52787

wait are you talking about a Fisher plow because in your equipment list there it says you have all blizzard plows except for one fisher

6. farmboy52787

I took some pictures with my plow up. Theres no way the chain would hit with the short stops on there, but i wonder what would happen with them completely off?

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

7. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

From my understanding and experimenting, its the compression trip spring mount on passenger side that hits it in V or right angle, when raised to high. Check to see that it doen't hit pump when raised in that position.

8. farmboy52787

It doesnt because i drive around everywhere with it in V mode and unless the ram fails, that spring is not going to hit with the short stops on. My Fisher dealer told me that the lift chain hits the letter V on the cover to the pump and wiring. The only thing I could see is probably some meat head took there stops off, plowed with it, broke there isolation module, put the stops back on and went to the dealer and complained that the system is defective and they replaced it for him

9. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Short Stops. And No Problems

10. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I have a F550 with 9.5V and can not put the short stops on mine because of the reason I stated above. I guess different trucks are setup different.

Also, how did you get those marks on your pump Farmboy?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  11. AFord350Flo

AFord350Flo Junior Member

is buying a fisher v blade really worth it i am thinking about selling my 9' ss x-blade to upgrade to a 9.6 ss v-blade?

12. farmboy52787

Sure is, scoop mode is the greatest thing since slice bread, theres a lot less windrows of snow to clean up when doing parking lots and it pushes the snow up a lot higher. You can get a back drag edge for it to that is so worth it. The stainless is more expensive and costs more but if you wash your plow after a storm or keep it indoors, its not going to rust and if it does all you need to do is buy a new insert. I have read some forums that people have had problems with the 9.5 foot on the T-frame but havent had any problems with the 8.5 foot. I dont think a whole foot is going to make that much of a difference for the time it takes to plow a lot, i think it all depends on the operator and how they do it. Probably its just too much snow to be pushing for that frame compared to the 8.5, but then again you dont know how that operator used and abused it. They have a 2 year warranty and the wiring harness is very simple to install, since all the modules are located on the plow. Also you have almost the same cutting edge attack angle so most of the time your clearing the snow right down to pavement compared to other models. My customers are alot happier than when i was using the ol EZ-V

13. AFord350Flo

AFord350Flo Junior Member

thankyou for the info i will definetly check into buying a v plow.

14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Im picking up a 8'6" SS extreme V and an xls for the other truck. All i heard was good things about them. Going to be 50% more efficient And alot more money i my pocket...

15. PaulSmith

PaulSmith Junior Member

Farmboy,

Take a look at the clearance when you are actually stacking snow.

You know with your plow up on a big pile of snow instead of just hanging there..
    When you run your plow up a pile the chain can actually get slack in it.

16. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Weve never had a problem... you want to put your frame in the hole that makes the t frame parrallel with the ground when the blade is down all the way. You should have some kind of a stopper on there so you don't crush the hoses and/or pintch them.

17. csonallandscape

csonallandscape Junior Member

ss v plow

i own a ss ezv plow and would never buy another one for many reasons. One is that that the cutting edge dose not last, i bought a cutting edge last year and it lasted me a month and plowed about 10 times. i had to fight to have fisher give me a new cutting edge. second is that i had problems with the four bolts comeing loss on the frame and had to replace them.Also every year i have to retighten the screws for the stainless skins and then this year when i pulled the plow out i notice that i was missing on bolt out of the three that held on the motor and the rest were about to fall out. From now on im buy boss v plows. Just my 2 cents