1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who uses a vmaxx SnowEx spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

why do they cost so much compared to other brands, advantages?

I was quoted a month ago into the7k range for a 2 yard spreader...

On the low side, for about $3400 shipped i could get a 2 yard all electric salt dogg poly hopper box.. for full 304 stainless steel units 2-3 yards i can find a slew of brands between 4-7k... so whys it so much?
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

just remember you get what you pay for. both of my spreaders are snowex and ive havent had any problems with them. well i had to replace the controler on the vbox but thats it. vbox is 7 years old and the tailgate is 9 years old.
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, theres plenty of good brands out there that will offer trouble free use for years... how is one box worth 2x what the next box is, considering both are electric, hold the same amount, made out of the same materials etc etc..?
  4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I ran 6 tons thru my new 2yd. Salt Dogg poly electric this morning..... Worked great..........no need to spend more