1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who To Do Business With.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnoFarmer, Oct 11, 2007.

1. knowlege and experienc

8 vote(s)
  2. becuse you like them

2 vote(s)
  3. neather.

3 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

How do you decide to do business with someone?
    Do you go with someone who is knowalage and has experience or Do you go with them just becuse you like them.
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

neither . and both.
    primarily a drive to succeed and trust.
  3. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

I agree with you, it is so had to find GOOD workers in the summer, let alone during the winter, when it is all hours of the day and cold as He77, mostly during the night. I do the ones that WANT to work, and pay them so they stay with me. I can make more money with a happy worker makeing a few extra bucks, than one that is just there to put in his time.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

By doing business with them do you mean a partnership?

A contract to plow for a person?

Taking your business like repairs and shop work to a certain mechanic or place of business?

Buying supplies from someone?

All tasks involve different approaches and even still each item could be broken down again depending on who what and when you are dealing with someone and about what.

A good level head of your own and good judgment most times proves to be your best tools.

Say I have a friend but I know his personal life is messed up and he is basically a dead beat who complains about paying child support.
    No I would not do biz with a guy like that unless it was him paying me cash in-hand.

Say you bid a large contract that could pay half of your total expenses for the year. You do so knowing it is a reputable establishment maybe long standing so you decide to go with it because of that.

Many factors on many levels.

One thing I do know is I wont do business with a place a friend has had a bad experience at or if I have in the past.
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

............................ thanks........
  6. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Business is Business and dollars are dollars but each day as I am in business it becomes clearer and clearer to me that we are all in the business of making friends and meeting people.

I guess what I am saying is that to the people I want to do business with.....liking me is a very important part of the equation.

It's a marriage of sorts.

A love affair.
  7. gqnine44

gqnine44 Junior Member

Always do business with someone smarter than you.