1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who to believe?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTPlow, Mar 22, 2005.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

My local news station here in Southern Conecticut is calling for mostly rain with some snow thurs morning-not saying if or any accumulation. The weather channel is calling for a mix, but no accumulation. AOL weather isnt calling for much snow. I just checked on www.accuweather.com and on one of their latest graphics, are calling for 3-6" here! Saying the northeast will get anywhere between 1-10".

Seems like March snow forecasting here in the northeast is harder for these guys.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I usually just consult my weather rock, hes never been wrong!

3. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

I just heard rain in the noon-afternoon time area and all snow at night as the temp falls.I heard around 3-6 also.Hey its connecticut,anything is possible.

4. bulldogg01

bulldogg01 Junior Member

i just checked AOL weather & it says 3-5" by thursday morning-but who knows...i wouldn't bank on it!

5. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

bull were in litchfeild are u?im right down on 63

6. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

I heard 6+ for NW hills
    hey neversatisfied were on 63 are you, im up in goshen

7. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

chevy im down past the 4 corners going towards watertown.right on the watertown /morris line.

8. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

You guys live right near me, LOL! This weather is just putting me more and more behind.

9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I have stopped even bothering with the weather forcasters- they have been more wrong than right for the past 2 or 3 years.

Weather.com (yesterday) said nothing about snow (or rain) until Friday while Accuweather said 2.7" for me. News stations are saying between 2-4 and 2-8 overnight. Wait til it starts snowing and watch the radar maps yourself- you can't be any worse at predicting the weather than those guys have, right?
    That's what I have done all season.

And of course, I lost 1st gear in the Dodge Sun afternoon and it's been sitting at the mechanics since..... Shop's been too busy to look at it yet. Hope he get's to it since he's my backup driver too so he's going to be really busy if we DO get any snow- plowing my route after his. :bluebounc

10. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

Just got the latest update 4-8 inches including the shoreline. Northern CT could see up to 16 inches.

11. Chevytruck85

where did you hear that!

12. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

i just heard 12-15.It could happen,we always end with a bang.Watch it be 55 and sunny tomorrow,lol

13. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

Just started here about 30 minutes ago,we have the roads covered and theres almost 1-2 inches on the back deck.stay safe and good luck.!
    Rob and Chevy were do u guys plow?

14. Mikelandscaping

Started about a hour ago and roads are covered and got about 1.5 inches so far. Be safe and have fun

15. bulldogg01

bulldogg01 Junior Member

never satisfied- i'm in thomaston now-but i just moved i was living right across from Morris Pizza until last month-i plow for my brother-in-law mostly in Southbury he's a mason when it's not snowing & i help him out in the winter. i'm gonna wait itout for a couple more hours then head out for tonight.

16. Chevytruck85

I plow a factory in torrington with a couple of other guys and do about a half a dozen driveways in the area.

17. Turfman76

Turfman76 Junior Member

This is crazy....

Western Ct here, 2" so far....calling for 6"+.....

18. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

dont trust them

19. Mikelandscaping

got about 4.5 inches here in North Stonington CT and its 3:41 am and still snowing. Going back out be safe

20. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I'm so sick of weather forcasters. They were calling for 5" two nights ago. We got rain. Now tjhey are calling for 4" tonight. Seems the more technologilcaly advanced weather becomes, the more they are wrong. :confused: The best method i have found is to just stick my head out the window. :eek: