1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who sells bulk salt between Cincy and Dayton

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Smitty58, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

This year I'm making the switch to bulk. I will be buying a 2yd saltdogg v-box. What I don't know is where to buy the salt. So where can I get it, preferably as close to I-75 and Monroe as possible.
  2. studebaker48

studebaker48 Member

With a Grain isnt "selling" salt til the 26th of october. I think that they are going to stiff people with the BIG program agian. Try southwest landmark.WGS will say they wont do business with Municpalites that is bs ask him what has happened the past two years.They do have good pricing but when u go two weeks with out delivering salt bc of "weather".ussmileyflag
  3. GLS1

GLS1 Inactive

We have plenty of cargil and morton salt available here in the northeast available if your interested. You may give me a call or shoot me an email and I would be glad to quote you tonnage needed delivered.

Geauga Salt / Geauga Landscape Supply, Inc
    440-666-2925 - cell
    440-285-8387 - office / fax
  4. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

5. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

Try CWS (Cincinnati Wholesale Supply).
  6. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

CWS sells bulk? Didn't know that, they are real close to me. Have any idea on price?
  7. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

Jamies stone center
  8. broncscott

broncscott Member

I picked up bulk last year at Shemin Nurseries 11245 Mosteller Rd
    Sharonville, OH 45241 513-771-1056
  9. Todd Martin

Todd Martin Junior Member
    from Indiana

I felt led to respond to his old post just to make sure the truth is being projected in this forum. WGS Salt does not sell to nor has never sold to governmental or municipal accounts.

Todd Martin
    WGS Salt
    Sales Manager
  10. rrplowing

rrplowing Junior Member

Buying Bulk Salt

The best price on the best salt is from a company called MagicSalt. It works to -35 and is safe for concrete,pets,wood, and is like 90% less corrosive than regular salt. I use it on all my jobs evevyone loves it. They have a big facility in DAyton off 75 and 4 on chapel St. there number is 937-823-8743
  11. rubbertrack

rubbertrack Junior Member

I know Chad Oberson might have some since we havent had any snow 513-678-1597, he has a shop off 747 in West Chester and hes a straight up guy.