1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who sells better brakes Napa or Auto Zone?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by XxChevy-HDxX, Jul 30, 2010.

1. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

I changed my rear brakes with auto zone Duralast Cmax gold ceramic pads ( they work no problems) but now its time to change my front pads and i was wondering who makes better pads and rotors im looking at napa they seem more beefed up to me what you guys thinks?

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

NAPA hands down

3. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

NAPA. i used to work at one a couple years back.. they are definately better quality than any others ive seen!

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Subscribed....

5. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

I was thinking so too the brakes from auto zone are pretty but i didnt think of looking at napa back then but when i look at them now they look way better than auto way more beefed up and more pricy

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have had brakes last longer from autozone as of late than napa. I dont buy shyt from napa anymore since 90% of it now is nothing but overpriced garbage. Say what you want about it, but the duralast stuff isnt so bad anymore.

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Napa brakes are the worst ! We wont use them neither will any other shops that im friends with.Wagner thermo quiet hands down are the best on the market.Napa can keep those shims that fall off and end up in ur rotor.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Throw the ceramics on the front to. In my area it don't matter about rotors they don't last long with all the salt.I use Advanced auto a lot.

9. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

I like the ceramic never had a problem with them..... they stop good and everything in my area alot of salt gets thrown around to but i change the brake about every 4 years

10. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

Really wow but the rotor they make the most expensive one thats $154 looks like its really good.... i might just the auto zone again or the rotors from napa and pads from auto zone

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I got 3 years on my autozone rotors on my truck. There is plenty of salt use around here, and I tow a trailer all the rest of the year. Got the ceramic pads as well. Cant complain since they were 36.99 a piece for the front.

12. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

On my 06 silverado 2500hd i have the cmax gold ceramic pads for the back and the duralast rotors i paid $350 for everything installation tax but my friend gave me a discount on the instalation. :)

13. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

On my 06 silverado 2500hd i have the cmax gold ceramic pads for the back and the duralast rotors i paid $350 for everything installation tax but my friend gave me a discount on the instalation. :)

14. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

of the two choices I've had good luck with auto zone but look on summit first. www.summitracing.com look for bendex pads little more pricey but they last for ever. and paid the same price with shipping as i would have for the best they had at auto zone or nappa

15. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

AC Delco durastops hands down

16. beaugross

beaugross Member

I buy all my parts from NAPA, however, the last 3 brake jobs that I have done with NAPA pads have done nothing but squeek. Granted they were not the most expensive pad NAPA offers, I usually go with a mid grade pad, but they still made nosie. JMO

17. 100InchHammer

100InchHammer Member

I just did brakes and used the Wagner Thermo Quiet pads and Wagner rotors, I got the ceramic pads and the middle grade rotors. I purchased all these from Advanced Auto Parts and am very happy with the Wagner's.

I used to work at a parts store back in the 80's and we sold 3 diff grades of pads along with most everything else. The salesman from Raybestos told me that there was no diff between the 2 more expensive pads, the only reason the one was more expensive was to offset the lifetime warranty. Now the low grade was cheap material. I found this to be true with starters, alternators, etc... The top grade which offers a lifetime warranty is usually the same as the next grade below without a warranty.

18. brad96z28

Wagner are the best.:mechanic:

19. brad96z28

U are not alone my friend.

20. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I used Napa for all my side jobs. I always had noise complaints, warping, or other problems with there pads. Advance auto parts came into town, Napa who??????? Using only wagner thermoquiet pads. Great price, no noise, no comebacks.