1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who runs a rear blade

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Antlerart06, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Thinking way to much Who makes a rear plow like the Truck rear plows
    Think be a good deal for ATV to run one for tight areas
    My sidewalk guy ask me about one I seen one on youtube just no luck finding one
  2. hghgrad

hghgrad Member
    from MI

I've never seen one comercially produced, but a few people on here have built them.

I was considering building one this winter ^so I can leave the front bucket on for moving snow around.
  3. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

As I remember Cycle Country, Kolpin and Swisher make versions of a 3 point system for ATV's, you might check their web sites. I also have one I made years ago, check my pics to see it. From what I found rear systems aren't very good for moving snow.
  4. Antlerart06

Thats maybe what I'll have to do build my own Think be big seller
  5. Antlerart06

Thanks swisher looks very cheap looking I'll check the others out
  6. atv4wheeler

atv4wheeler Junior Member

Swisher not only looks cheap, but they are built poorly as well. I'm a professional welder part-time and the quality of the welds on EVERY Fisher product I've seen is terrible. Very poor penetration from a multitude of reasons and sloppy workmanship. I've repaired 5 Swisher products to date ranging from tow behind mowers to atv plows. My customers have also told me they do not stand behind their product if you have a problem as well.