1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who Put Snow Stakes In The Grand Canyon?

Discussion in 'Discount Snow Stakes' started by DiscountSnowStakes, May 24, 2016.

1. DiscountSnowStakes

DiscountSnowStakes Senior Member
    from Boston

Who did this? Don't know why snow stakes are in the grand canyon, don't care, love it

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

They do get a decent amount of snow there.......
  3. DiscountSnowStakes

DiscountSnowStakes Senior Member
    from Boston

honestly, i didnt know they got a lot of snow...

but i meant what are they doing with the stake, this is at one of the main entrances.... and they just have one of our stakes stuffed into a fence post in deep in an island, there is nothing to plow or clear ... i like it though
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thumbs Up

How Many Snowstorms Grand Canyon Village Gets

Most days of snowfall in Grand Canyon Village leave at least an inch of fresh snow on the ground. For six days a year on average, the amount of new snow totals three inches or more.

Snowstorms of over five inches a day normally occur two or three times a year. But major blizzards that dump ten inches or more in one day are rare events that don't happen every year.
  5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Well I have nothing......other than you planted it for the pic.....:laughing:

I was down there aboot 5yrs ago in the beginning of April, roads had snow along the side in the shade, snow in the trees and the canyon had had snow in the shaded areas. The further north the more there was.
    The snow was refreshing to see after being at Lake Havasu the day before and it was 108*.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I've only been to the North Rim, but it was late June and there was 1-2' deep drifts in the shade yet.
  7. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Does that make your trip to the canyon an advertising write off? Good outside the box thinking on your part!
  8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

We visited the Grand Canyon two summers ago and it was awesome. I watched a group of Asians get chased by some elk. One guy in particular tried taking a selfie with one and he got way too close. That elk chased him for a block!
  9. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Oh deer! :eek: