1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who plows with a duramax and a blizzard?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by maelawncare, Dec 27, 2009.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Well im looking for a new truck. And i have to upgrade to another diesel from my v10. I love my v10, but i miss my diesel.

I have been trying to find a decent 7.3 but there are none in sight. I dont want to run dodge, cause their prices are through the roof right now.

So i am thinking of switching over to chevy. I really like the look of the 04+ trucks, but i am worried about the weight of a 810 and the duramax. I have heard a lot of people having problems, with the suspension and with the frame. And i dont want to get into a new truck just to have problems with it down the road. I am looking at a 06 3500 crew cab dulley.

Any input? Any pics?

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

GMC Driver runs a few Blizzard on Gm's, including an 8611lp on a crew cab Dmax. You could PM him.

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 810 on my Dmax. It's a regular cab dump.

4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

For what it's worth, the crew cab dually is the heaviest (unladen) setup that you can get. The factory FAW on that truck is right around 4,000lb - and the FAWR is 4,800lb. My extended cab/short bed SRW Duramax weighs in right around 5,300lb, on the front, with the 810 and that's with the salt spreader and a skid of salt in the bed. Timbrens help mitigate the extra weight very well. I would not run the setup without Timbrens.

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have an 07 X cab 3500 with Utility body, spreader and this yr running the 8611 low pro.
    Truck does fine, I did add the Air over blistien shicks tho

6. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I run an 05 3500 dump dmax with an lp. I have timbrens and crank the tbars. No problems yet.

7. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

Great Combo

Run an 810PP on an '05 DMAX 3500
    Run an 860SW on an '02 DMAX 2500HD

Both are crew cab long beds. A set of timbrens in the front is all you need. Absolutley love the Blizzard/Dmax/Allison combo

8. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Thanks for the replys guys.

I was going to go with a 3500 drw, but looks like im gonna stick with a srw.

Think a 2500 dmax cc will hold a 810 ok?

9. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

I don't personally own one. But a friend of mine has a 01 Chevy 2500hd d-max. With the 810 power plow. And he just leaves the torsion bars cranked up, no timberins. The truck doesn't even sag 2". He loves the set up.

10. BD Exteriors

BD Exteriors Junior Member

the only problem with the duramax and allison is that your reverse speed is super slow. You redline everytime

11. zukofsu

zukofsu Junior Member
    from MD

Hello,

I have the 810 on my 04 cc srw duramax with timbrens in the front. The plow is awesome and I have another on my c4500.

My other trucks have western and meyer plows and cannot touch the blizzard. I ordered the handheld controller for my plow as the old "box" was my only complaint. The blizzard is the only plow that can come close to my bobcats with pusher boxes (productivity).

Good Luck!

IMG_7848.jpg

IMG_7853.jpg

12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

'07 Duramax SRW c/w aluminum dump and 860 speed wing, western (DD) spreader, with Timbrens, air bags in back. Happy so far.

Starfleet 004.jpg