1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who Plows with a Cherokee?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by whitelite, Mar 26, 2010.

1. whitelite

whitelite Member

Courious: Just wanted to know how many are using Cherokees? How well does it plow tight spaces? Any problems with unibody?

Thanks,:)

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Do a search on Cherokee 290 + threads, its in there, who plows and unibody. Do some research and come back with specific Questions and comments. This late in the year not many people on the forum.

3. whitelite

whitelite Member

I've researched/read quite a bit on this subject. What I wanted to know is how many are using them, maybe I should have done a poll. Also, I've read that some had "tweeked" unibodies. Wanted some fresh info as there are some that have just gotten the Cherokee's this season. I know you don't plow except with Wranglers. Have you every plowed with a Cherokee?

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Never plowed with one, I dont personal know anybody that plows with one. yes you can tweak them, IF you plow like an animal.

5. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Just bought a 97 this season, late. Last storm was 8"-almost as good of turning radius as a Wrangler. Same power w/6 cyl and automatic. Have not done any upgrades to the Cherokee. Will do air shocks on rear. Probably front. Will add trans temp gage. Has a Sno-way plow-much better than my Wrangler w/Meyers.

My only reason to go with a Cherokee was for extra 3rd passenger for the sidewalk crew. If not for that would have just put a Sno-way on my Wrangler. I do believe the Cherokee will hold up fine-as is only used for normal driveways and parking spaces. Not much wear & tear. My 3rd option was a Tahoe-but would need larger plow and would loose turning radius in driveways.

Just my thoughts. I love the Jeep section, because Jeeps are unique specialty trucks for plowing!

6. snowpoe

snowpoe Member

Read ,commercial plow for wrangler. lastpost as I have some info there .
    I just have 1 season under my belt with a cherokee but have been plowing for a living for 18 yrs.(in the winter that is) We got a 98 with a 7' curtis & put about 250+lbs salt in back for balast and it has the v8 grand cherokee springs in front which will also give u 1" LIFT and you can get them cheap.Have the air shocks in the back & I might add an adjustable radiator temp sensor to kick the fan on sooner to keep it running cooler.
    Nice tight driveway plower and also plowed some bigger church & hotel lots with it with at one time 15+ inches of snow

IMG_1012 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1010 (Medium).JPG

7. whitelite

whitelite Member

Thanks:) This was the type of information I had in mind. The Cherokee years that you have are also the years I think I will be looking at. 1997-1999.