1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

who plows cabelas

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplowpro, Dec 24, 2012.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Was wondering who is the plowing company for cabelas
    I live to far from cabelas but that is my favorite store and would be my dream to plow it.
  2. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

i never plowed a cabela's, BUT, i did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night
  3. snowplowpro

from NJ

Lol that's cool plowing hotel's you see all the people who come in and out
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I plowed them as a sub one year. Meaning the guy that had it subbed me/my company to do it. They use a local contractor here. I bailed him out after the first couple snows b/c he couldn't handle it and took it over from then on. It was a seasonal for him but I billed him per push/hour. We probably had 25 events total. Was a nice gig. Too bad he was a greedy idiot and lost it. It was one of my favorite lots to date.

I did ours with trucks at the time b/c that's all I had available so late in the season, but I'd have a loader on it if it were my own account. It was about a 16hr lot with trucks (4 times 4), seasonal roughly $50k, but I'm sure they're not all the same size.
  5. snowplowpro

from NJ

So with as many cabelas stores there not taking by the nationals thank god so the locals can finally make money.
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

................................for now
  7. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I worked for Cabela's for awhile. Most of the stores start out with their own maintenance dept. doing it. Our store would handle it up to 5" anything over 5" they had a contractor hired to do. Our maintenance dept had 2 Dodges with Meyers plows and 3 or 4 Gators with plows. They had no idea what they were doing though!
  8. snowplowpro

from NJ

I guess cabelas isn't like Walmart or target were they got to find the cheapest way out.
  9. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats why I think higher of Cabelas than say...Walmart or Target or any other huge chain.
  10. Billy was when matts had it.
  11. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

12. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Surely you have more aspiring dreams than plowing Cabelas. How 'bout winning the lottery one day and never having to plow your own drive, then letting the poor shmucks that plow Cabelas come do it?...:drinkup:
  13. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

You got that right, some people never sleep. Coming and going all night long.
    Packing in groceries at 2 and 3 AM, young teen girls prancing around the complex at all hours.
    You know they can't be up to any good.

Idiots walking around that look sketchy enough to make you lock the doors and touch the side arm to make sure its still in reach.
    The same idiots that nearly got plowed into a snow pile........
    What are these clowns doing at 2 to 3 AM when its below 0 out wandering around???????

I probably don't want to know, lol.
  14. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic