1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who needs bulk salt? Call us

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by melt all, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melt all

melt all Member

We have some-call 610-497-9390
    we can ship anywhere or you can pick up but its going fast! The entire country is out!
    It is different grades and may be on the finer side however it is salt but it is a mix so granular size differs depending on where we are in the pile.
    Finer salt has a higher surface coverage and works faster really. That's why Europe uses nothing but table salt like products. We use more granular salt due to our equipment but the truth is a finer salt is better.
    $115/ton FOB sorry but we had to pay allot to get it so we have to pass it on........
  2. melt all

melt all Member

oh, yes we can and have been shipping all over the mid-west
  3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

You have a website?
    What is the name of your company?
    Were are you out of?
    I would like to do some research?
  4. melt all

melt all Member

been is business since 1979
    supplied everyone 4 years ago during the last storage
    we have it because we are one of the few companies that actually imports full 50,000/ton ships not one that claims too but really gets supplied by companies like us.
    It is going fast....we are getting 1000 calls a day
  5. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

115 a ton is way to much,especially if your getting 50000 tons at a time .sell it f or a good price and be happy and buy another shipload
  6. melt all

melt all Member

Vessel rates have gone up, OT is killing us, we are paying a premium because there is no time to import more so we are buying from other sources that charge more among other factors....I'm sorry you feel it is to high however you need to understand what we go through to secure it for people.....frankly we are getting more than $115/ton. I'm sorry we can't be of service, Good luck in the search, feel bad for you all out there.....TOUGH FOR EVERYBODY!
  7. captshawn

captshawn Senior Member

You say call and I did 3 times..Every time they take my information and say they will call back and not once have they..
  8. melt all

melt all Member

I apologize, call tomorrow and ask for Ed....I'll get it done for you.
  9. finallygot1

finallygot1 Member

captshawn, I had the same expierence, finally got through and have 20 ton ordered, see what happens
  10. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

There stuff is just ok... It's salt and better then nothing, but depending on your spreader it may not be great.
  11. melt all

melt all Member

we are having to mix numerous grades to get something decent otherwise it would all be fines, normally it is much better. We just can't answer the phones quick enough, one of the few left with product so calls are coming from all over the nation and Canada!
  12. Lunarlandscape

Lunarlandscape Member

For 115.00 a ton delivered I would be in..... But I was quoted 230.00 per ton delivered from you guys.? What gives?
  13. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

I was quoted $240.00 ton delivered on Friday, whats the deal?
  14. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Sounds like price gouging, isn't that illegal?
  15. Mattguy

Mattguy Junior Member

Also quoted 220 a ton.
  16. melt all

melt all Member

sorry guys, truckers are hitting us hard, we are buying salt at a premium now too but we can get it due to our relationships with them but they are hitting us hard too........If you all get trucks cheaper into Delaware, Virginia or north Carolina let us know.......you can buy $105/ton picked up in any of those places, send your trucks in.
    These guys are driving $100k rigs, from the east coast to you in bad weather and dead heading......they have to charge allot and I'm sure they are tacking on for the situation but we can't do anything about that.
    again sorry, it's going fast in all locations so if you can send trucks and lots of them lets talk.....got allot of salt, economical trucks and allot of them is the problem
  17. melt all

melt all Member

Do me favor, really, don't want anyone thinking we are getting you.....call any trucker, tri-axel, 24/ton max in DE, VA,NC, dead head the truck and ask for a price.....oh and tell them you need it right now
  18. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Sounds logical,didn't realize how far you're trucking.Feast or famine
  19. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Where are you trucking from, Chicago?
  20. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

Cant be Chicago. There is no salt here. If they were here, they would be sold out no matter how many tons they had.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.