1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who needs a skidloader??

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I had to move one of my snowpiles today. So I dont have a skid loader, so I had to do it the manual way. Chopped into it with a pick/ice scraper thing, to knock the chunks down. Then I stacked it with the truck. It was a good workout, lol

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Here are a few more

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  3. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Bet your glad you didnt sell your plow, then you'd really be doing it the old fashion way!

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Yeah, lol. It is still going bye bye this spring. A nice Boss plow is going on the front instead:D

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Thats all the snow u got? :D

6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

LOL great work how long did that take ya ?

7. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

He was only there for 2 days

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

My back hurts looking at that. What would a man charge for a pick and a truck these days. LOL At least you won't need to go to the gym tonight!:D

9. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Looking good! How are your wings holding up on your poly blade?

10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

haha tom i love that eastlake meyer plow u wrote it on the front only in ohio. and i did it last year at home had a pile 6ft high 30ft long about 14 wide and we had no room in the driveway so i go out the B coal scoop and a t shirt and was out there sweating my ass off moved it in about 2 hrs. o ya i was slammin bottles of green tea while doing this. always gotta have the fluids ya know safety first

11. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

next Time Borrow One Of Clappers Trucks And Just Crush The Pile To Pieces:D

12. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

u dont crush things with clapper trucks stuff runs away from clap they dont wanna catch it that stuff is hard to get rid up.

13. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

one easy way to bust up frozen piles is to just throw a couple bags of ice melt on top of the frozen pile and a couple hours later you would be able to move it with your truck.

14. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Nick said u couls use his trucks :D

15. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

i woulda charged out the wazzu to do that work...but then i might as well of rented a skiddy....thats how we do it here...bet that was a great work out though

16. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

That is a good choice, I am very happy with my Boss. Nice pictures by the way keep them coming.

17. Sydenstricker Landscaping

It only took me an hour and a little but to do it. It was almost 50 degrees here, so a perfect time to do it. I didnt want to bust it loose with the truck, the top 2 feet were nothing but ice chunks. It was a good work out for me. I need to do something to stay in shape over the winter months, lol. I have thought about even shoveling a few of my drives I do. But then again I am all crazy like that. I wasnt going to rent a skid for this one little pile. If I had a bunch of places to do like that, I would have rented a skid. Probably would have only taken me ten mintutes, lol.

The wings are holding up real nice on the plow. Sure cuts back on my time that I am at places. And I push straight alot more than I used to. I will definetly always have wings on my plows from now on.

I think Clap's truck would have fallen apart trying to do that, LOL J/K with ya Ron

Kevin you like that hillbilly Meyer thing I put on there?? Yep only us rednecks in lake county do that,lol. One of my other friends did the same exact thing to his, lol. Hasnt worn off yet, which is amazing.

I have been torn between the Boss and the Snowdogg, but I am going with the Boss. There is much more dealer support and a history following the Boss versus a year or two with the Snowdogg. I have never heard anyone say they hate their Boss plows either, lol

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Lol I like how you wrote meyer! Nothing wrong with getting a little exercise. wesport

19. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Hey you gotta keep in shape someway in the winter, right?? LOLwesport

20. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Could of picked up a few for the day.

INMATES.jpg